Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: CalHab on 13 March, 2018, 09:53:01 AM
If you haven't read The Vision, then it's a bit of a bargain there.

Picked it up equally dirt cheap on a previous Amazon digital sale, but haven't gotten round to it yet.
Perhaps my only 'modern' Marvel purchase from the past few years- this former Marvel Zombie has regained sentience.

I look at something like this and whimsically imagine that it's nothing more than market research.
"Will we be able to sell road-kill like Secret Empire even at €0.99?" some 22 year old intern ponders.

Hard not to recommend the Walt Simonson Thor volumes at these prices.
I might give some of the 70's horror stuff a go- not familiar with it at all really.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 March, 2018, 11:15:47 AM"Will we be able to sell road-kill like Secret Empire even at €0.99?" some 22 year old intern ponders.
In which case, I'm delighted that the Panini Marvel collections I subscribe to will be filled with this over the coming six months. *sigh*

The Adventurer

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 March, 2018, 11:15:47 AM
Quote from: CalHab on 13 March, 2018, 09:53:01 AM
If you haven't read The Vision, then it's a bit of a bargain there.

Picked it up equally dirt cheap on a previous Amazon digital sale, but haven't gotten round to it yet.
Perhaps my only 'modern' Marvel purchase from the past few years- this former Marvel Zombie has regained sentience.

I look at something like this and whimsically imagine that it's nothing more than market research.
"Will we be able to sell road-kill like Secret Empire even at €0.99?" some 22 year old intern ponders.

Hard not to recommend the Walt Simonson Thor volumes at these prices.
I might give some of the 70's horror stuff a go- not familiar with it at all really.

Ive read some of Tomb of Dracula before, it's great because Dracula is the protagonist, so it's a villain POV comic which makes it a very cool read imo.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Timothy

I took the plunge and went for the 2 Simonson Thor volumes, Doctor Aphra (for the Kev Walker art) and the Dracula one. Should be OK for under £3. Anything else worth a look? I have Vision already.

The Adventurer

That Master of the Kung-Fu Epic collection came out this week, and appears to be the complete series. I hear it's real good. I bought.

Looks like the overall sale is now over, only a very small handful of recent releases are now on sale. Dang, I was waffling on picking up the Steranko Nick Fury collections, guess I missed my chance.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Tombo

I'm not sure it's a company-wide thing but the Middlesbrough branch of Forbidden Planet is having an absolutely massive clear out of trades and GN's to make way for...  Frakking Funko Pops (as if they don't dominate the store already).

In the last four weeks I've picked up over twenty books all for around a fiver (including nine volumes of B.P.R.D Hell on Earth).

I, Cosh

Was dropping off a bunch of crap to the Oxfam shop in Victoria Road and noticed they had a complete run of Crisis in the comic box. Took a lot of willpower not to start flicking through for the issues I'm missing.
We never really die.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 April, 2018, 02:17:38 PM
Was dropping off a bunch of crap to the Oxfam shop in Victoria Road and noticed they had a complete run of Crisis in the comic box. Took a lot of willpower not to start flicking through for the issues I'm missing.

How much were they?

I need to pick these up at some stage.

IndigoPrime

Fans of Zenith should probably get over to 2000 AD's store pretty damn sharpish, if they fancy getting the entire run in hardback for under 40 quid.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

rogue69

there's also things like  kingdom of the blind £1.99, Dave Gibbon's Originals £2.99. Doctor Who £2.99, Johnny Red vol2  £2.99 Johnny Nemo £2.99 The Light & Darkness War £2.99 along with the usual bland superhero stuff well worth a look

IndigoPrime

Kingdom of the Wicked HC for two quid is an excellent bargain.

Mardroid

Lots of bargains on comiXology at the moment. While a lot of it is superhero stuff, it's pretty good superhero stuff.

I got volumes 3 and 4 of Ms Marvel (the new version) which is rather sweet, and Astro City: Tarnished Angel. Astro city often do things a bit different with the superhero genre, but this noirish take on an ex-supervillain literal-hard man trying to stay out of trouble and do the right thing (which aren't always the same thing) is great. It's thoughtful, intelligent, and pulls just a little on the heartstrings.* And it's a nice little mystery story too. Love it.

*Big spoiler: [spoiler]I defy you not to be shocked by the final outcome of the Mock Turtle. After getting to know him and all he went through, there he goes. Brutally, between chapters. Ouch. It's some writing when you come to really like a villain.[/spoiler]

Leigh S

£4.99 (plus an extra quid shipping) by the time I looked at the complete Accident Man but still a bargain!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: dweezil2 on 01 January, 2019, 01:17:43 PM
Complete Accident Man for £3.99 has to be a bargain, doesn't it?  :)

https://forbiddenplanet.com/111736-accident-man-hardcover-titan-edition/?utm_medium=promotion&utm_source=recently-viewed&utm_campaign=recently-viewed

Wow thanks for the heads up on this one. Over the course of the evening I've ordered:

Criminal Volume 1
A1 Annual vol1 (Hardcover)
Planet of the Apes: Evolution of a Legend (Hardcover)
Kingdom of the Wicked (Hardcover)
Light and Darkness Wat (Hardcover)
Adventures of Cholly and Flytrap (Hardcover)
Han and Leia 'I Know' t-shirt

with postage all for under £30.

Wow - thanks so much again!