Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Sound like a great couple of volumes, glad Something Abnormal About Norman's appeared.

What volume number is Blood of Emeralds? Thanks.

IndigoPrime

Blood of Emeralds is 83. Wogue Wobots is 86.

abelardsnazz

Apestrife

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 March, 2018, 09:57:32 AM
So my next set of Dredd books just arrived, before the 2000 AD ones. Erm. Anyway.

#84 is Blood of Emeralds. Fab blood-splattered badge cover, and a terse Dredd saying "What the hell's happened to my city?" on the intro page. Strips: Salvage; In Control; Caterpillars; Shotgun; Blood of Emeralds; Terror Rising; The Grindstone Cowboys; Dust to Dust; The Lion's Den; Reclamation; From the Ashes; a few covers; Michael Carroll interview.

Thank you for sharing the list of stories. Lovely to hear that Terror rising is included! :)

Jade Falcon

Can't say I'm familiar off hand with any of those stories, but names don't always mean anything.  Are we talking about earlier or later era Dredd?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Richard

Davgardo

I am absolutely delighted with this extension - all of the extra issues have been an utter delight especially the Ewing and Carroll volumes. The thought that we might have got tripe like Calhab, Harmony and Red Razors at the expense of this material is a bit perplexing though. I'm all for giving as wide a range of Dreddworld strips as possible (Cursed Earth Koburn, Insurrection, Creep, Devlin Waugh, Missionary Man all fantastic, Helltrekkers, Armitage, Maelstrom and the Hondo stuff all good) but not at the expense of quality control, which is what happened.

Very happy now though and The World at Law is now a dim and distant memory.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Davgardo on 26 March, 2018, 10:57:15 AM
I am absolutely delighted with this extension - all of the extra issues have been an utter delight especially the Ewing and Carroll volumes. The thought that we might have got tripe like Calhab, Harmony and Red Razors at the expense of this material is a bit perplexing though. I'm all for giving as wide a range of Dreddworld strips as possible (Cursed Earth Koburn, Insurrection, Creep, Devlin Waugh, Missionary Man all fantastic, Helltrekkers, Armitage, Maelstrom and the Hondo stuff all good) but not at the expense of quality control, which is what happened.

Very happy now though and The World at Law is now a dim and distant memory.

Agreed. Thought the majority of this extension should have been in the main 80 but glad I stuck with it.

abelardsnazz

The intro to Blood of Emeralds says there'll be further Michael Carroll stories in volume 82. I had assumed that was going to be a further Anderson volume but maybe not.

djbawbag

In the newsagents, Blood of Emeralds comes packaged with another copy of Dark Side of the Moon.
Was there a printing issue with that one?

oddballuk

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 28 March, 2018, 02:12:58 PM
The intro to Blood of Emeralds says there'll be further Michael Carroll stories in volume 82. I had assumed that was going to be a further Anderson volume but maybe not.

Perhaps a non-Anderson story that's thematically similar to fill out the page count?

The Traumatown Dredd story with Nick Pervical maybe?

oddballuk

Quote from: djbawbag on 28 March, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
In the newsagents, Blood of Emeralds comes packaged with another copy of Dark Side of the Moon.
Was there a printing issue with that one?

Not originally but because of the extension to 90 volumes, the spine image no longer lines up.

I'm sure subscribers get their replacement copy with next month's delivery.

robert_ellis

DJBawbag,
The Dark Side of the Moon volume is 80 on the spine, it's been re-issued to join to book 81 the first 'extension' issue. Those stopping at 80 could use the original print run.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: oddballuk on 28 March, 2018, 02:35:33 PM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 28 March, 2018, 02:12:58 PM

Perhaps a non-Anderson story that's thematically similar to fill out the page count?

The Traumatown Dredd story with Nick Pervical maybe?

The stories listed are Debris, Wolves and The Forsaken - but Debris has already appeared in volume 55. Hmmmm.

Jade Falcon

I had an argument with my newsagent who said there was no way I could be getting two books for the price of one.  They also didn't get that the spine numbers and the issue numbers arent the same thing.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov