Main Menu

GRIM RUMOURS ABOUT NEW STAR TREK:DISCOVERY SERIES

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 03 March, 2017, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 July, 2017, 01:24:54 AM
Quote from: Dreddzilla on 19 July, 2017, 01:47:27 AM
Jeebuz, I just saw the new "Phaser" and it's a cross between something from Mass Effect and Starship Troopers.  :crazy:

Or perhaps a cross between the ones in The Cage and TOS, as it should be. First thing I've seen from this production that looked appropriate to the supposed period.
I was talking about the phaser Rifle not the hand phaser, but yes at least the hand phaser looks right-ish. Btw this is the new Klingon EVA suit.  http://trekmovie.com/2017/07/19/sdcc17-klingon-torchbearer-revealed-gentle-giant-announces-star-trek-discovery-collectibles/

TordelBack

Link Prime

TordelBack

Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

Goaty

Professor Bear

That Battlestar Galactica fan movie looks really good!

TordelBack

Cripes, I just don't know.  Part of me thinks 'hey, I'd watch that SF show-slash-cutscene', but another louder part thinks ' how the hell is this noisy mess a Star Trek prequel'!

Zarjazzer

It reminded me look wise of Mass Effect games rather than Trek. Still looks promising, I won't be a naysayer like all those people who have already dismissed a series, I presume they will never watch.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Professor Bear

I watch utter horseshit all the time, so this will basically be just another Tuesday for me.

TordelBack

A neat enough idea, in fairness. Just waiting for Travis Mayweather to be revealed as her grandfather now.

What's going on with Burnham's hair though? Does the sonic shower come with a straighten/perm function?

Professor Bear

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 July, 2017, 10:38:41 AM
A neat enough idea, in fairness.
Well, if you love that Idea then you'll love to know Sarek isn't technically Vulcan, but a trans dimensional being. Yes that's a plot point.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 24 July, 2017, 07:36:12 PM
Well, if you love that Idea then you'll love to know Sarek isn't technically Vulcan, but a trans dimensional being. Yes that's a plot point.

U wot.

You'd think Picard might have mentioned that...

As for the other, I've no problem imagining that Amanda already had a fully human kid before meeting Sarek, why not? It's not like Spock was forthcoming on the subject of half-siblings. And a human kid being raised on Vulcan is still an interesting idea, so why not invoke the most famous human resident of Vulcan as her connection?.

Tjm86

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 24 July, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Can we be careful here.  We had enough trouble on the Dr Who thread over gender issues.  The last thing we need is it all kicking off over species and dimensional issues.  That is never going to end well now is it!   :o