Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

I've been reading The Mighty One and it's got me very excited for the first Judge Dredd Annual, MacManus talks about the creation of that pretty extensively. We were just starting out during the 40th, only on episode 18 or so. Luckily at our current pace we should be finishing up in time for the 50th anniversary! :D
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-first episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 133-136 of 2000 AD, covering October of 1979. We only need six words to describe this episode: Incredibly Armed, Incredibly Dangerous, Incredibly Awesome.

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Vanilllahubby

Another great episode Fox and Conrad! I certainly can feel your love for the prog  :D
Just reread the first dredd annual, it certainly feels like a quantum leap compared to
the early 2000ad books. Can't wait to listen to that podcast!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-second episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 137-140 of 2000 AD, covering November of 1979. Join us for the heart warming story of Mad George, the terrifying Night of the Bloodbeast, and for Blackhawk losing his soul! Also we continue our constant march towards our own Disaster 1990!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling forty-third episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 141-145 of 2000 AD, covering December of 1979. Join us Christmas in June (check out the festive airhorn!), as Tharg punches out Santa, Barney the computer grants wishes, and the Stainless Steel Rat comes into his own!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher

Please let me know what you think of the episode. We're almost done with coverage for 1979, next episode is our year in review!

The Monarch

We are ticking ever close to the golden age of 2000ad

SpaceSpinner2000

Basically one more episode! Once Judge Death shows up you've gone from "Early 2000AD" to "Golden Age 2000 AD" :D

WhizzBang

Great stuff again.

I think Alvin Gaunt is not just Alant Grant. I think it is Kevin Gosnell and Alan Grant but I can't remember where I got that from.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WhizzBang on 27 June, 2017, 06:39:09 PM
Great stuff again.

I think Alvin Gaunt is not just Alant Grant. I think it is Kevin Gosnell and Alan Grant but I can't remember where I got that from.

Yeah in my head (I'm guessing from Thrillpower Overload) Kevin Gosnell started the story but then past it onto Alan Grant to run with, hence the name...

SpaceSpinner2000

According to Barney it was a Gosnell/Grant team up for the first prog, then just Grant for the remainder. I credited it as both of them for the first two episodes we covered Blackhawk but have stopped in more recent ones.

You can kind of see the team-up in the writer's name, ALan+KelVIN=Alvin, GrANT+GOsnell=Guant

I'm kind of arbitrarily deciding that once BH loses his soul it's all Grant :D

Lobo Baggins

Ah, aboard the last launch to transfer off the HMS Hood before it was destroyed was a young Navy intelligence officer, Lieutenant Jon Pertwee, who later went on to present a prototype (and even more annoying) version of the Green Gross Code...

https://youtu.be/_r1UiNZ3G4Y

Stop pavement look is near keep, that's easy to remember...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 28 June, 2017, 08:18:48 AM
Ah, aboard the last launch to transfer off the HMS Hood before it was destroyed was a young Navy intelligence officer, Lieutenant Jon Pertwee, who later went on to present a prototype (and even more annoying) version of the Green Gross Code...

Holy crap, all of that is amazing!

FoxIsntARobot

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 28 June, 2017, 08:18:48 AM

Well I've found where Conrad's been hiding.

The Green Cross Code is slightly improved by Mr. Pertwee, but reminds me a lot of Look Around You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaI6kBVyu00

As a child once, I don't recall ever needing instruction on the hazards of getting smashed by a car. We had our fair share in the US that were crammed in between the precious cartoons. I'm trying to watch Skeleton Warriors, stop bothering me Crash Test Dummies!

Steve Green

We should have had some 2000 AD themed safety films.

Don't throw motor-cycles at people unless you're a MACH man.

While taking a bath in Volgan-occupied Britain, always remember your yellow ducky and shotgun.

Dinosaur awareness week.

And Dan Dare's please remember to blow up this planet before you leave the system.

Vanilllahubby

Never leave the doghouse without your electronux and at night keep yourself seen
with a electroflare (warning may cause blindness). Just a quick question fox&Conrad,
how far in front are you with the podcast? Into 1981 yet?