Main Menu

The 2000AD Advent Calendar 2017 COMMENTS THREAD!

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2017, 11:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: The Monarch on 12 December, 2017, 09:10:57 AM
i am bricking myself for my one these so far have been fantastic
Yeah, me too. My upcoming art piece is a bit rubbish due to me not being any good at art (at all).
But terrific work by everyone so far.

Andy Lambert

Everyone's contributions are greatly appreciated - they're all wonderful!
Fantastic festive offerings from Darren, Albion and Rogue - cracking stuff, chaps!

I know Rebeliion would never allow it, but I can't help thinking all this seasonal artwork - not not just from this calendar, but previous ones too - would make a lovely pack of assorted Christmas cards. Especially for charity. :)

Rogue Judge

More great artwork and we're not yet half way!

LongTheArtist, great Anderson, sure to keep our...hearts warm this Christmas!
Awesome Nemesis Darren, gorgeous colors as always!
Albion, nice looking Mac Mac! I'll take two...

Well done gents, keep em coming!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 13 December, 2017, 01:15:33 PM
Everyone's contributions are greatly appreciated - they're all wonderful!
Fantastic festive offerings from Darren, Albion and Rogue - cracking stuff, chaps!

I know Rebeliion would never allow it, but I can't help thinking all this seasonal artwork - not not just from this calendar, but previous ones too - would make a lovely pack of assorted Christmas cards. Especially for charity. :)

They have opened the door to all sorts of game licenses so who knows.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SuperSurfer

Brilliant work, all.

So I'm up next. Stage fright. Will be with you later on in the day if that's ok?

Andy Lambert

Beautiful work, James - truly stunning! Looking forward to seeing the finished product..!

SuperSurfer

Phenomenal work, James. And thanks for taking the 14th. I almost broke the advent calendar.

MrLongTheArtist

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 13 December, 2017, 02:10:35 PM
More great artwork and we're not yet half way!

LongTheArtist, great Anderson, sure to keep our...hearts warm this Christmas!
Awesome Nemesis Darren, gorgeous colors as always!
Albion, nice looking Mac Mac! I'll take two...

Well done gents, keep em coming!

Thank you! Wished I'd took part in this before. Love seeing all the artwork

james newell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 15 December, 2017, 01:23:16 AM
Phenomenal work, James. And thanks for taking the 14th. I almost broke the advent calendar.

Sorry about that SS, i was not paying attentions and jumped the gun by an hour, lovely work thought!

von Boom

Jim_Campbell

Fantastic stuff from everyone so far, but Colin's offering today actually made me laugh out loud, which was much needed — thanks, Colin! Still hoping to get my second effort finished in time...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

Great work everyone, and yeah special nod to Colin - very well done.

Tjm86

As always, the work is exquisite.  The Danny and Kano strip though shows a level of ingenuity that is worthy of the prog.  It captures the sentiments of Watterson's work perfectly, combining with the irascibility that the prog has long been renowned for.  On a par with, if not better than, Droid Life.  At the very least it should be included in Zarjaz.  I suppose the question now is, how do you top that?

Colin YNWA

Gosh that all very kind and especially good to hear it got the laugh it was after. BUT I should be clear (sorry meant to post this in the main thread), just as last year this is a direct lift from an actual Calvin and Hobbes christmas strip, which is how I was able to capture anything of Watterson's glorious essense!

Woolly

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 December, 2017, 05:01:57 PM
...just as last year this is a direct lift from an actual Calvin and Hobbes christmas strip, which is how I was able to capture anything of Watterson's glorious essense!

We know, the genius part is how you've managed to keep it almost identical yet completely different, and so wonderfully relevant to the characters. Even going as far as to give an explanation as to why BC are still alive!

It's brilliant!