Main Menu

Legends of the Batman partwork

Started by Mattofthespurs, 07 December, 2017, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Man, they are trying to kill me.
This is a new partwork from Eaglemoss.
I adore Batman, he's my favourite comic character.
Just when you think you are out...

http://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/comic-heroes/dc-comics-the-legend-of-batman-1/?_ga=2.153766782.736516804.1512666896-1355454752.1507712395

JamesC

I feel your pain. There's no way I can miss this but it will be my fourth collection on top of the two 2000ad ones and the DC Comics one.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JamesC on 07 December, 2017, 06:50:16 PM
I feel your pain. There's no way I can miss this but it will be my fourth collection on top of the two 2000ad ones and the DC Comics one.

Along with the Mega Collection and the ultimate collection I still am getting Build a Millenium Falcon (although nearly done), Build an R2-D2, DC collection, Marvel Collection and Complete Dr Who (which should finish next summer). Oh, and the Star Trek GN collection.

I enjoy them all but they rather a drain on resources.

IndigoPrime

Had a fun conversation with my wife about the 2000 AD partwork. It roughly went: "I don't mind you subscribing to all this stuff. As long as you don't go nuts and end up buying more than (pause) about five things." And then I counted everything up.

2000 AD
Megazine
Three of those Marvel reprint monthlies
Doctor Who comic
Dredd and 2000 AD partworks

She wasn't overly impressed. Mind you, Dredd's done next summer, Doctor Who comic's barely appearing these days (quarterly, now, bizarrely), and so that's one and a half gone!

JamesC

Oh, I thought we had another year of Dredd. That makes things a bit easier.

IndigoPrime

Issues 76/77 showed up today, so 13 more issues remain. So July 2018 should be when #90 shows up, by my count. I'm assuming they won't extend again, having stated categorically that they won't. (Although, you know, partworks...)

And I'll be happy when Dredd's done, on account of it being a large chunk of cash. By contrast, the entire Marvel subs are each only a little over one month of one partwork.

karlos

Ouch - just posted on another thread about this.  Serves me right.

Honestly, this looks a very nice set indeed.

Been meaning to catch up on Snyder (not that one)/Capullo's New52 run, and this looks the perfect way to do so.

JamesC

Quote from: karlos on 08 December, 2017, 02:21:38 PM
Ouch - just posted on another thread about this.  Serves me right.

Honestly, this looks a very nice set indeed.

Been meaning to catch up on Snyder (not that one)/Capullo's New52 run, and this looks the perfect way to do so.

I'm not a huge fan of Snyder on Batman but don't begrudge the books being included. There's so much good Batman stuff that it'll be hard to go too far wrong.

I'd love a volume or two concentrating on crossovers - Batman/Dredd, Batman/Predator, Batman/Punsiher. There's been some pretty good stuff over the years. I guess it may be hard to get the rights to print these though.

karlos

Just seen in my local Smiths - issue #1 is out now.

(Had no idea it was due out, so a bit of a bat-bonus as I grabbed the latest 2000ad ult. coll. volume).

Mattofthespurs

I bought a copy of #1 yesterday.
I am subscribing and as soon as my sub issue of #1 arrives I'll donate this copy.
As usual with Eaglemoss books these are very nice editions.

JamesC

I'm fully signed up. Just couldn't resist it.

karlos

Volume #1 is a very nice looking book, and the first 6 volumes all look like must haves (DKR is one of them, which I've never owned in HC).

And they're including Paul Pope's fantastic Year 100, which is great news.

Mattofthespurs

Any subscriber received anything yet?

I am bereft of Cambridge.