Main Menu

Legends of the Batman partwork

Started by Mattofthespurs, 07 December, 2017, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Mardroid

I was fortunate enough to find the first two of these in WH Smith's. The first at the one at Gravesend on my way to work, the second my local at Dartford. Not sure I'll be getting them all. I didn't intend to, as I lack the space* and I'd intended to complete the Dredd collection at some point and get at least some of a certain other 2000AD collection. The previews are of what is to come are all tempting however... I doubt I'll get them all, but I will likely get more.

The first volume was decent.  I'm not sure about a retelling of the Batman origins in a modern setting, and I miss the noirish tone of Frank Miller's take on the origins (a volume to come!) but the story is good, and the art is lovely, although I thought the batmobile design a bit rubbish. (It does some cool stuff I've never seen in a batmobile, though.) I've yet to read volume two.

* My two bookshelf cabinets are almost full already, and my room won't easily accommodate another. There are a couple of shelves I brought from my previous residence that I never got round to installing however, but I don't really trust myself with a drill. :lol: I guess there always the floor...

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: JamesC on 15 January, 2018, 07:27:15 PM
Yep, I've had the first delivery.

Thanks.
How long ago?
I've had the last 5 deliveries from Eaglemoss, the DC collection, go missing.
Seems like one of my posties is a comics fan  :(

JamesC

I think it was before Xmas - if not it was very soon after. Definitely during my time off work. The first delivery was a fairly hefty one as it contained Zero Year parts 1 and 2 and also Born to Kill along with a few art prints.

Mattofthespurs

Thanks.
I'll give them a call today  :(

JamesC

I've also had the welcome/confirmation email come through about 4 times on different days so I think their admin may be a little ropey!

Mattofthespurs

Thanks James.
I did call them up and discovered that they failed to move my details over from the test subscription to the live one.
This has now been sorted (hopefully) and he's arranged for me to have 2 free books.
I have had problems with receiving packages from Eaglemoss but to be fair their CS is very good, based in England with clear phone lines, and they have sorted any issues very quickly.
A step up from Hachette's CS imo.

GaryUK

I recently picked up volume 3 Born to Kill, but the spine artwork doesn't match with the first 2.  Are they publishing these out of sequence like the 2000 AD Ultimate Collection?  If so, why is this one marked volume 3 and not the corresponding volume number? 

Neil C

The volume number is on the back cover. Issue 3 is Volume 57.

GaryUK

Ah, I see it now.  It's confusing though because it says 'Volume 3 Born to Kill' at the top of the back cover, while it says 'Chronological Order: 57' at the bottom.  It would have be simpler to put the number on the spine.

oshii

I've bought the first 3.  Have all these so far been from the new 52?   I was a pretty big Bat fan up until Knightfall and all that Azrael malarky.   

Quite enjoyed what I've read so far, but probably not enough to commit the best part of a grand and a shed load of shelf space to a full set.

Tomwe

Quote from: oshii on 04 February, 2018, 10:08:47 PM
I've bought the first 3.  Have all these so far been from the new 52?   I was a pretty big Bat fan up until Knightfall and all that Azrael malarky.   

Quite enjoyed what I've read so far, but probably not enough to commit the best part of a grand and a shed load of shelf space to a full set.
yes, both Batman & Robin and the Snyder/Capullo Batman books launched at that time although the Zero Year story came later. Next Up is the first arc of the Detective Comics New 52 book as well, then Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, then back to what I think is the first arc of New 52 Batman.

Mattofthespurs

Anyone else received an email about the free poster?

It starts off by saying I have been 'chosen' but the cynic in me thinks pretty much all subscribers will have been 'chosen' for the poster 'worth' £15 of the evolution of the Batman symbol.

Tomwe

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 March, 2018, 04:21:15 PM

It starts off by saying I have been 'chosen' but the cynic in me thinks pretty much all subscribers will have been 'chosen' for the poster 'worth' £15 of the evolution of the Batman symbol.
I bought the latest issue in the newsagent today and instead of the usual subscriber note there was a flier saying go online and enter this code for a free poster. For the record the code is BATUK1 from legends-of-Batman.com/poster

Tomwe

Quote from: Tomwe on 07 March, 2018, 06:08:13 PM
Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 March, 2018, 04:21:15 PM

I bought the latest issue in the newsagent today and instead of the usual subscriber note there was a flier saying go online and enter this code for a free poster. For the record the code is BATUK1 from legends-of-Batman.com/poster
Correction: www.legend-of-Batman.com/poster