Main Menu

Legends of the Batman partwork

Started by Mattofthespurs, 07 December, 2017, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Yes, I picked that issue up.

I won't be getting the poster though. It's interesting to see how the bat symbol has changed over the years but it's not my cup of tea for a poster!

Haggisk

I've been subscribing to these, and I have to say that having subscribed the JDMC and the 2000ad collection, the variation in size of these is a little off putting. Some of them have very low page counts (Golden Dawn, I'm looking at you), and I don't think any of them equal the size of the hachette volumes. They have made some variation inevitable by not putting any padding (i.e. only including one main arc in each volume, avoiding one-shots etc) in there, but really, the Golden Dawn issue only really amounted to half a volume IMO. I love Bats, but don't know if I'll stick with it.

Mardroid

I pick up them from WH Smith's in Dartford, but I realized they seem to be skipping issues. (Or the issues in between sell out before I get there.)

Still, I've been happy to get them as they're nice quality things and at £9.99 each great value for a hardback.

The latest issue they have, however, is £25.99! It is described as 'double length' but it looks around the same width as my others, marginally wider at most. I didn't get that one.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Haggisk on 10 April, 2018, 11:26:06 PMthe variation in size of these is a little off putting
The Marvel ones were the same. Some of the books were properly chunky. Many were skinny little things, collecting a five-issue trade.

Tomwe

I was nosing around for some more information on what would be coming in this partwork earlier today and came across this page with details of the french version. There are some discrepancies but its a little help all the same:

https://www.bdphile.info/series/comics/29411-dc-comics-la-legende-de-batman

Strangeday

Loong time lurker on this forum but I figured I'd sign up to post this.

Got this list of the Legend of Batman books off the comments section on one of the Eaglemoss Facebook posts. Someone (I'm assuimng mods) deleted it when I went back to check it again. 

Now I can't vouch for its accuracy at all beyond saying that when I got it they had only announced up to Court of Owls and with the next batch of announcments (up to issue 13) the list has been spot on.

Obviously this list only goes up to 60 and there are now going to be 80 books in the partwork so it's not complete.

Tomwe

That's amazing, thanks for posting @Strangeday.

I also noted Forbidden Planet are listing a good few months in advance so that's helpful information for the immediate future of the series.

Strangeday

Quote from: Tomwe on 24 April, 2018, 10:19:26 AM
That's amazing, thanks for posting @Strangeday.

I also noted Forbidden Planet are listing a good few months in advance so that's helpful information for the immediate future of the series.

No worries mate, the eaglemoss site updates with the latest ones too, but fairly infrequently (only up to issue 13 at the moment)

Been enjoying the collection so far as I think the last Batman book I read was Knightfall back in the 90's.

Only book I really didn't think much of so far has been Faces of Death.

Mattofthespurs

Free poster arrived at the weekend.
And by poster I mean a piece of cardboard A5 size.
Still, free is free.

Tomwe

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 01 May, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
Free poster arrived at the weekend.
And by poster I mean a piece of cardboard A5 size.
Still, free is free.
:lol: the flier advertising the thing wasn't any bigger than that to begin with!

Tomwe

*Unofficial* FB group for subscribers to share their enjoyment / grief of the Batman Partwork

https://www.facebook.com/groups/383957395439036/

Strangeday

Quote from: Tomwe on 31 May, 2018, 01:40:55 PM
*Unofficial* FB group for subscribers to share their enjoyment / grief of the Batman Partwork

https://www.facebook.com/groups/383957395439036/

Cheers mate, just joined.