Valuations

Started by mint-murray, 28 February, 2018, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mint-murray

Just wondering best place to get valuation or suggestion for the following:
Zenith - book one - signed by Morrison and sketch by Yeowell
ABC warriors - one - signed Mills - sketch O'neil
ABC - book two signed Mills
Judge Cal - one and two - signed by Wagner.

Bolt-01

Hi, you will have to be more specific with exactly what books these are...

From the descriptions I would assume these were the Titan albums, but pics would greatly help.

mint-murray

Hi yes, all Titan first prints - will upload images later when home.

mint-murray

Is there a recommended valuation page - going through my old stuff - 2000ad comics wondering if bar early issues, if there are any key issues or if I should try just sell all in bulk.

James Stacey

There's some here
http://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=27071.0
but that's almost 10 years old, I'd guess prices have probably about 1/2'd that now. All depends on condition.

Tjm86

There does seem to be a bit of growing interest in signed Tooth material on eBay but it tends to be quite variable.  A lot of time it depends on asking price.  Some guy has been trying to shift the first Dredd annual signed by all creators for £600 plus.  Needless to say, it hasn't got any traction.  There are also a handful of later signed Titan Nemesis volumes that don't seem to be gathering much interest.  IIRC the asking price is about the £10 mark.  That said, Eamonn's listings can go quite high at times but that might be down to his choice of material (mix of 80's and modern) and the fact that they are charity auctions.  Some guy tried to flip a couple he won but they aren't shifting either (two d'Israeli / Edington signed progs).  Possibly off the back of his attempt at profiteering from Eamonn's hard work.

On the plus side you have early volumes but Warriors and Cal have been reprinted a lot.  I wouldn't have thought they would go for much and are probably better sold as pairs.  Probably the most valuable item you mention is the Zenith since it has been signed by both Morrison and Yeowell.  It would be interesting to see the sketch.  You may find that Wake's suggested price holds for that one.  Condition, as James says, would be key.

mint-murray

matty_ae

One thing -
The sketches are probably worth more than the books.

If its a really nice Yeowell or O'Neill sketch, they could be worth £50 - £100.