Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 12 October, 2018, 08:41:48 AM
Dudes! Do none of you read the informative articles and interviews Molcher spends his thankless days compiling?!

Quote from: Dan AbnettYes, it's pretty much a trilogy. Book 3 "High Society" debuts soon. But the world is so rich, we've found we have strong ideas for at least three more volumes after that. We'll see how the audience reacts. It all builds into one, big ghastly picture, whichever characters are ultimately around to witness that. We'd love to continue exploring the Brink.

Where is this interview? What am I missing now?

Colin YNWA

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2018, 07:33:53 AM
Also does the fact that Counterfeit Girl has a trade mean we're not getting any more of that as well. Shame as I felt that strip had other places to go and would loved to of had it back.

I'd certainly prefer further CG stories to further BC stories.

broodblik

Quote from: sheridan on 12 October, 2018, 05:18:23 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2018, 07:33:53 AM
Also does the fact that Counterfeit Girl has a trade mean we're not getting any more of that as well. Shame as I felt that strip had other places to go and would loved to of had it back.

I'd certainly prefer further CG stories to further BC stories.

Yes , I would also like to see the return if CG. BC has for me lost the plot
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 September, 2018, 01:40:10 PM
This is an e-book listing. Hopefully it will be collected later in a "non-volatile storage medium" (- Blank Reg).

Bigger Than Biggs (Judge Anderson: Rookie Book 4) - Abaddon Books, 3rd December 2018.

Mega-City One, 2100 AD. Psi-Judge Cassandra Anderson's second year on the streets as a full-Eagle Judge.

There's trouble brewing in the Eee-Zee Rest; biker gangs, kidnappings and riots are all pretty standard in Mega-City One, but the block is off-limits – the owner's just too clean to investigate.

Seconded to another division, Anderson gets suspicious: something's terrifying the residents, and it's not your average perp or bouncer. When biker Vex returns a kidnap victim and asks Anderson for help, the Psi-Judge knows this is the opportunity she's been looking for.

But the thing that lurks in the basement is something new. Something greedy. Something hungry.

Quote from: Richard on 16 September, 2018, 04:06:57 PM
If she's a full judge then why does the cover show her in a cadet's uniform?

New cover:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 October, 2018, 03:13:18 AM
Brink: Book 3 - Paperback, 112 pages, 14th May 2019

Humanity is on the brink in the thrilling conclusion to the smash-hit epic space-noir from duo Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard.

OVER THE BRINK
Inspector Bridget Curtis is drawn deeper into a disturbing plot that runs from the drug-fuelled sects of the Habitats, to the upper echelons of Junot Corp. Strange things are happening, but is the conspiracy real, or is life in space beginning to affect her sanity? The reality of sinister Space Gods aside, the fate of the human race may be at stake!

Cover:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 12 October, 2018, 03:14:46 AM
Judge Dredd: Ghost Town (2000 Ad Digest) - Paperback, 144 pages, 23rd July 2019

A CLASSIC MODERN JUDGE DREDD STORY PRESENTED IN THE LOW-PRICED DIGEST FORMAT

RESTORING ORDER!
Mega-City One, 2135 AD. After the destruction wrought by the Chaos Bug with most of the city in ruins, a decimated Justice Department is struggling to cope. With disease, corruption, and looting rife, there are some that seek to take advantage of the city's condition, including dangerous psychic, Algol Rey. Judge Dredd and Psi-Judge Anderson have survived, but after all the violence and horror, can they bring order back to a damaged city? Their limits as Judges are put to the test!

Cover:
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: Toxic! - paperback, 4th June 2019, 96 pages, IDW

Dredd's investigation into the death of a seemingly unremarkable sewage worker spirals into a waste management crisis that could destroy all of Mega-City One!

Mega-City One has long used genetic modification on its waste workers to control the deluge of filth that flows under the city each day. When Dredd discovers that some of them have foregone that disfiguring procedure in favor of hosting protective alien symbiotes, it sparks a groundswell of anti-immigration fervor. Soon the toxic atmosphere spills into the streets, undermining the very infrastructure that makes the city tolerable. Can Dredd find a solution to save the now indispensable aliens from the angry mobs?

Never have the satire and social commentary of Judge Dredd cut so sharply, nor repudiated hate so emphatically, as in Toxic! And never has that statement--or the humor and entertainment with which it is delivered--been more necessary.

Collects the complete four-issue series.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd Case Files 33 - 272 pages, 30th May 2019.

...Judge Dredd's single-minded pursuit of law comes into conflict with the more clandestine forces of the Hall of Justice, including an assassin under orders of the Chief Judge!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Invasion 1984 - Paperback, 128 pages, 2nd May 2019

British comics' take on War of the Worlds beams down for some classic comics carnage!

SPACE INVADERS!
1984. Skeletal-looking alien warriors have invaded the Earth, bringing many large cities like London to the brink of total destruction! Taken by surprise, mankind must now dig deep to survive! In Britain the tough-as-boots military outfit known as Storm Squad mount the fightback against the 'Spooks' while professor Ed Lomax looks into a way of permanently ridding the plant of this unearthly foe for good!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Deathwish volume 1 - Best Wishes - Paperback, 112 pages, 11th July 2019.

EVIL KENEVIL (sic) MEETS THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IN THIS ORIGINAL FAST AND THE FURIOUS!

THE GREATEST DAREDEVIL OF THEM ALL – BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CARE IF HE LIVES OR DIES!
Blake Edmonds had it all – fame, money, looks... and then the world-famous F1 driver suffered a terrible accident which left him hideously disfigured. Fashioning a mask to hide his terrible visage, Edmonds has taken on a new career as a stuntman, flirting with death on a regular basis.

Hey Rebellion!  Please get Amazon to have some respect and fix the spelling of Evil Knievel!  (He would've been here to tell you himself but he missed the last bus.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 October, 2018, 11:51:01 AM
Invasion 1984 - Paperback, 128 pages, 2nd May 2019

British comics' take on War of the Worlds beams down for some classic comics carnage!

SPACE INVADERS!
1984. Skeletal-looking alien warriors have invaded the Earth, bringing many large cities like London to the brink of total destruction! Taken by surprise, mankind must now dig deep to survive! In Britain the tough-as-boots military outfit known as Storm Squad mount the fightback against the 'Spooks' while professor Ed Lomax looks into a way of permanently ridding the plant of this unearthly foe for good!

Ha, brilliant! I'd always hoped we'd get a chance to reprint Invasion 1984, so I'm delighted to see Rebellion jumping on that one - it's a great tale with some lovely Eric Bradbury art, and it's going straight on my list :-)

Fantastic to see Death Wish turning up too, as that's a cracking strip even in its later Eagle run where it all gets a bit bonkers.

broodblik

Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 22 October, 2018, 11:58:43 AM
Fantastic to see Death Wish turning up too, as that's a cracking strip even in its later Eagle run where it all gets a bit bonkers.

Only read the run in Eagle but will get it for sure. Always liked the character. Was the original Death Wish strip drawn by Vanyo brothers (whatever happened to them, they were great) as well ?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.