Main Menu

Sightings of Case Files 06 and Nemesis....

Started by radiator, 18 December, 2006, 01:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

The 'unavailability' of books to me seems like a good argument to set up some form of subscription process for the trades.
At the very least, pre-ordering books shoud be an option in the online shop, surely?
Cheers

-Daney

Dr Feeley Good

my case files and nemesis arrived yesterday morning,i had preordered them from forbidden planet mail order!

ThryllSeekyr

I'm still waiting a 'Judge Case Files Six' and the First Cases Files book for 'Nemesis the Warlock'.

Good to hear that the 'Nemesis the Warlock' book sounds like quite a bargain.

I should be getting a e-mail from my local book supplier anyday now.

As I had received Judge Dredd case files number five near the middle of last month. I was alittle dissappointed that these other two books hadn't arrived yet.

You, know it was Christmas time after all...................

I do recall somebody saying that a few pages ( Or story chapters.) were missing from their Judge Case Files number six. Something to do with Trapper Hag. Like that's awfull when that happens. I'm still reading the first case files book ( As I am really busy at the moment.) myself and wouldn't really be sure if any pages or stories were missing.  I know I could tell surely by following the story but sometimes you can tell something is missing eventhough the continuety of the story seems to almost match up. I do remember years ago on another forum when a book to movie adpation was being discussed ( Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings') The words 'a clean lift' were being used to discribe when some thing can be remeoved from a story/novel without ruining or changing it too much. For instance, I do remember discussion of the Tom Bombadil chapters not being included in the movie. Another  example of  clean lift could also be the deleted scenes from thes this film trilogy. I know 'The Two Towers' didn't make make alot of sence in some parts and I really wanted to see the scenes deleted from it. Sorry to waffle on this way, but I am just using this movie as a explanation.

Anyway, back on the subject of the Judge Dredd Case Files books. Like I said before some people like me who have never collected or read the earliest 2000AD Issues would have no way of knowing if the missing pages were a 'Clean Lift' or were they more obivious?

These things I would like to know of before I buy them. Just like with the misbound second Volume of the Slaine : Book of Invasions.

Some peopl like me would like to know if pages were accidently left out or there were other misprints in any of the other GN'S.

ThryllSeekyr

I'm still waiting a 'Judge Case Files Six' and the First Cases Files book for 'Nemesis the Warlock'.

Good to hear that the 'Nemesis the Warlock' book sounds like quite a bargain.

I should be getting a e-mail from my local book supplier anyday now.

As I had received Judge Dredd case files number five near the middle of last month. I was alittle dissappointed that these other two books hadn't arrived yet.

You, know it was Christmas time after all...................

I do recall somebody saying that a few pages ( Or story chapters.) were missing from their Judge Case Files number six. Something to do with Trapper Hag. Like that's awfull when that happens. I'm still reading the first case files book ( As I am really busy at the moment.) myself and wouldn't really be sure if any pages or stories were missing.  I know I could tell surely by following the story but sometimes you can tell something is missing eventhough the continuety of the story seems to almost match up. I do remember years ago on another forum when a book to movie adpation was being discussed ( Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings') The words 'a clean lift' were being used to discribe when some thing can be remeoved from a story/novel without ruining or changing it too much. For instance, I do remember discussion of the Tom Bombadil chapters not being included in the movie. Another  example of  clean lift could also be the deleted scenes from thes this film trilogy. I know 'The Two Towers' didn't make make alot of sence in some parts and I really wanted to see the scenes deleted from it. Sorry to waffle on this way, but I am just using this movie as a explanation.

Anyway, back on the subject of the Judge Dredd Case Files books. Like I said before some people like me who have never collected or read the earliest 2000AD Issues would have no way of knowing if the missing pages were a 'Clean Lift' or were they more obivious?

These things I would like to know of before I buy them. Just like with the misbound second Volume of the Slaine : Book of Invasions.

Some peopl like me would like to know if pages were accidently left out or there were other misprints in any of the other GN'S.

adeh20

Hi, I was the one who wrote in about missing pages from Case Files #06.  These definitely weren't a "Clean Lift", you will be able to spot them, whether you have read Dredd before or not.  The pages omitted were from between 'Shanty Town' ep#4 and 'Trapper Hag' ep#2. right in the middle, obviously some gremlin got in to bugger up the works, as somebody was kind enough to let me know that their copy was intact.  Oh yeah i bought my copy from Play.com  they also sent me Nemesis Vol 1 yeaterday, which looks to be really Sweet.

IndigoPrime

::  other misprints in any of the other GN'S

Aside from minor typos, most of the major errors happened before Jon's time. The biggest and most obvious (and perhaps the most annoying) is in the second Devlin Waugh collection, where a large number of speech balloons are simply missing. It's hard enough deciphering John Smith's stuff at the best of times, but without half the text...

Elsewhere, most of the misprints appear to be binding errors (aside from one of the Robo-Hunter books, which gets two pages on a DPS the wrong way round), which happens with most books now and again. Chances are that very few books in each run are affected, and so if one of your Dredd books is missing a bunch of pages, just get it replaced.

Grant Goggans

There's a printing error in Sinister Dexter: Murder 101 as well.  One of the episodes of Taking the Mick has the pages printed in scrambled order.

johnone

It took Three weeks for Judge Dredd Case Files O5 to arrive on my door (I'm In Ireland)From Notification from Play.com til it actually being in my hands , Yet with volume 06 it took 5 days and It was Posted Christmas week!?!?!!?
   I had ordered Nemesis wthout knowing exactly what was in it (Play notified me that it was sent Thursday)Delighted to see that it looks like every single story I wanted is in the collection Brilliant , Now I won't have to buy volume 2 (Cause lets face it Nemesis went to Shite with book 5).
  Still all I have to wait for now is my first volume of Strontium dog.

JOE SOAP

...better off buying it at Forbidden Planet/Sub City in Dublin, they always have it sooner than you can get it youself by ordering.

radiator

Well, I ordered Case Files 6 from an Amazon Seller called Wickedwendistore on Thursday, and it arrived saturday morning the same week. Hows that for service!!!

ukdane

I just received Walking Dead Books 1-3 from Wickedwendistore. Good service.
I use Amazon Sellers a fair bit, but the high postage can be a bit of a put off- why can't they combine postage for orders?
Cheers

-Daney

radiator

'why can't they combine postage for orders?'

I guess that's where they make their money. But, to be fair, even with postage (£2.75) Case Files 6 only clocked in at just over £10, which is still much cheaper than RRP, and cheaper (and much quicker) than going direct through Amazon.

Marbles

From my searches DVD.co.uk seems to be the cheapest for the 'Case Files' type books.
Stronty Dog 1 is £9.03 delivered & Nemesis 1 is £9.67 delivered, cheaper than Play or Amazon.dvd

Link: http://www.dvd.co.uk/product2_1905437153.asp" target="_blank">Stronty Dog for £9.03

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Rio De Fideldo

Used Sprint Books to order these two books.

Ordered on Monday 8th. Nemesis arrived on Wednesday 10th and Case Files 6 arrived this morning Friday 12th. Recommended.

Lord Running Clam

Iâ??ve got hold of both Dredd Case File 6 and Nemesis.

The Nemesis Book is a great collection. As a rule the art looks great, the darker pages still look alright  and I think  a couple of the first stories pages look better then in the hardback reprint that Titan had put out.

The story itself is a lot fun and the art on books 3 & 4 in particular are fantastic.

The foreword and afterword are both nice. Itâ??s something Iâ??d like to see used in other trades.

I was wondering though how come the covers in the back referred to the 2nd book as printed in the trade as the 3rd book and the 3rd book as printed in the trade as the 2nd. If you get what I mean.