Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 October, 2009, 09:10:52 PM
My little cherubs get up at around 6 every morning no matter what time they go to bed, we've tried early bed, late bed, Vodka.

What about trying those things on the children!!!

vzzbux

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 06 October, 2009, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 06 October, 2009, 09:10:52 PM
My little cherubs get up at around 6 every morning no matter what time they go to bed, we've tried early bed, late bed, Vodka.

What about trying those things on the children!!!

;D

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Tiplodocus

The speakers on my PC have been a bit crap for, oooh, about six months now. Barely able to hear anything.  I've tried crawling under the desk and reconnecting them several times but all to no avail. Music was barely audible (all wibbly wobbly) and speech just a complete no-no.

I had a final go at fixing them.

And came across a SOUND FX MANAGER.

Which had KARAOKE REVERB set to YES.

Unticked the box and good as new.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

Did you slap your forehead Tiplodocus when you saw how easy it was!

Colin YNWA

Also goes to prove that Karaoke while hiding under the guise of fun does nothing but destory otherwise perfectly good music.

Trout

The discovery of Spotify has me seriously tempted to suspend my dislike of gadgetry and look for COOL SPEAKERS.

Gotta love Spotify.

- Trout

SuperSurfer

Likewise, King Trout. I've been hooked on Spotify for last few months and was telling the Mrs recently that I could do with some computer speakers. I've had 50 quids worth of iTunes vouchers for almost a year but haven't spent them as I barely touch the iPod now.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: King Trout on 07 October, 2009, 11:40:21 AM
The discovery of Spotify has me seriously tempted to suspend my dislike of gadgetry and look for COOL SPEAKERS.

Two words for you: Harman Kardon

They look fantastic and sound even better.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trout

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 October, 2009, 12:12:04 PM
Quote from: King Trout on 07 October, 2009, 11:40:21 AM

Two words for you: Harman Kardon

They look fantastic and sound even better.

A friend has a set of these speakers and all i can say is they are excellent.They look beautiful and they sound beautiful.The sound was incredible when thery were connected up to a laptop.

Also i couldnt believe that they only cost 100 quid.

BUY !!
Cheers!

Jim
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Mood swings are pretty shit, and I know that a more reliable income would insulate me from them quite a bit. But, predictably, with the pressure of job interviews lifted, a chance to catch up on sleep (i.e. one good lie-in), a few good days at work, tangible improvements on the decorating front and some cheap + free entertainment, the gloom has lifted entirely (again!). Brrrr. I can't go on that way forever, but at least it never seems to last more than a fortnight at a time. Maybe it really is cyclothymia. Or maybe it's just the vicissitudes of everyday life.

Whatever, I'm back on top of it again, and I'm looking forward to reading Prof 1656, at last. I know everyone else is already on Prog 1657, so that's already old news...
STRIKE !!!

Devons Daddy

got a call for some room service with a slight differnce.

can we do room service to LAZURUS ISLAND! he is on his yacht.
ummm, ok what do you actually want?
12 bottles of champagne
4 bottles of orange juice
`10 grilled lobsters, 10 grilled steaks. a few salads, some fruit platters, a cake of some form, ice of course, 

really he expects me to get all this, find a boat and send to his boat which is about 20 minutes away. in an hours time.
so of course i replied, WOULD YOU LIKE COFFEE ALSO? 

i put down my phone, pick up the walkie talkie, order the food and beverage, arrange a golf buggy to transport it all and call marina to get me a speed boat and a driver. as you would
total bill was $2800 for an hours work and speed boat ride. but hey. for that money what would you do?

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

House of Usher

For that money I'd stick an extra $1,000 on the bill. It would appear to be 'no object.'
STRIKE !!!

Jared Katooie

Life is sometimes sort of okay because I have some chocolate lollipops in my schoolbag, and the biscuit barrel has Mars bars in it.

Also, I have Monday off.

Satanist

I saw Billy Connolly the other night. He was ok.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?