Main Menu

Carlos Ezquerra's 2000ad & Judge Dredd colouring book

Started by rogue69, 10 September, 2017, 01:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 September, 2017, 10:28:49 AM
... pointing this kind of thing out for this particular project is somehow off limits.

I'm moderating the thread.

Ezquerra says the image was just a Frinstance and Mrs Guvnor is aware of the spelling errors. Now everyone's happy.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Frank on 11 September, 2017, 01:07:35 PMMrs Guvnor is aware of the spelling errors
Probably because I pointed them out on Facebook.

rogue69

This due out in about 2 weeks at £12.99 from Amazon also Lisa has corrected the spelling so you can all sleep easily  about this

rogue69

this is now available from amazon for £12.99

they are giving away 5 sample images for you download  via https://www.millsverse.com/carlos

along with a new Facebook group "Colour Like Carlos" where you can show off your attempts at colouring Carlos' images

Swerty

There lovely images aren't they?I certainly won't be ruining it with my feeble felt tips.

Dr Feeley Good

Frank

Quote from: rogue69 on 30 September, 2017, 05:17:52 PM
this is now available from amazon for £12.99

they are giving away 5 sample images for you download  via https://www.millsverse.com/carlos

along with a new Facebook group "Colour Like Carlos" where you can show off your attempts at colouring Carlos' images

You can buy the whole book as a PDF (£10) and finally put that dodgy copy of Photoshop you downloaded (but never really used as much as you thought you would) to good use:

https://gumroad.com/l/carlos

The next logical step is for Rebellion to release COLOUR YOUR OWN digital versions of The Pit and Fading Of The Light.

IndigoPrime

A logical step would be to see whether the deal Marvel struck with Pixite is exclusive. If not, get them to do a digital colouring app. Pigment is so far beyond its rivals, it's not funny. And although the Marvel take (Marvel: Color Your Own) is laughable in terms of the access demands, the basic premise is strong.

teckno viking

Let the tongue out, crayon in fist colouring Begin!!

Pete Wells

Quote from: Frank on 30 September, 2017, 08:04:03 PM
The next logical step is for Rebellion to release COLOUR YOUR OWN digital versions of The Pit and Fading Of The Light.

Naturally I've ordered it but I must say, I'm surprised at the year 7 school computing production values on the cover! I thought the gradient fill with bevel and embossed text image was a placeholder, alas it is not!

However, it's all about the content, I doubt anyone is actually going to colour this and folk just excited to get a book full of lovely Carlos Dredds, Alphas and more. Wonky production values aside, and at the risk of opening a can of worms, this is infinitely preferable to the patronising all female characters book that came out earlier this year featuring, quote, "the toughest, strongest, most defiant and sometimes meanest action heroines in comics. Intricate and bold, be mindful that these are the most determined characters you will get to colour this year!"

Erm...

Pete Wells

Hmmm, I've got whingers remorse now. I can see that the official book was released at the same time as the Wonder Woman Movie so I suppose they were going for that zeitgeisty doo dah. I shall check my white male privilege and stop bemoaning the lack of Dredd (colouring!) books immediately.

I-is that a Rigellion Hotshot I can hear? Aaaaaagh!!!

Steve Green

Carlos with a Bob Ross perm painting happy little mushroom clouds.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 September, 2017, 07:55:43 AM
Being a fan does not mean you must offer unbridled enthusiasm for everything we see, no matter the condition.

BURN THE HERETIC!!!

:D

Typically a card machine ate my card the same day this was released, but a buddy has ordered me a copy for my birthday.

Steve Green

Had a shipment delayed message from Amazon this morning, which I guess is good news for sales?