Main Menu

Re-reprint this!

Started by Emperor, 09 August, 2010, 10:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

If anyone is interested Fraser Irving art owes a lot to Bernie Wrightson too.
It's a joke. I was joking.

ZenArcade

That was a very reflective commentry on the early 90's artists sauchie. I think back to that period from 1992 until I stopped reading the prog in autumn 95 as a time of simply awful storylines and artwork complimentary to the former. I was really pleased upon returning to the prog in october 12, that the likes Colin McNeill, Doherty and Critchlow were still going strong. I was never a big fan of Chris Weston ever since Will Simpson blew him out of the water in the 'banana city strip'. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 25 February, 2014, 11:20:44 PMI was never a big fan of Chris Weston ever since Will Simpson blew him out of the water in the 'banana city strip'.

I love Simpson's work on Dredd, 'Banana City' in particular, but Weston's work on 'Crazy Barry, Little Mo' was equally extraordinary.  A recent re-read of Casefiles 11-15 reminded me just how fantastic early Weston is, whatever his own feelings on the matter - such density, so much attention to costume and background and signage.  It's something fresh and new, and it lifts several fairly mediocre stories to memorable status.

maryanddavid

The Tower King would be nice  :lol:

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 February, 2014, 06:54:41 PM
I'd quite like to read it again now. If I recall, Kek-W ended the second series by fixing most of the problems of the first (endless clone bodies eliminated, I think?) - it's kind of a shame he never got a third series. If Tharg can resurrect Ulysses Sweet....

Crying out for a Megazine reprint at least.

Some good points about 90's Fleetway artists there too Sauchie.

Skullmo

I second a Grudgefather reprint!

Hawkmumbler

Wow. So The Creep is on par with Frankenstein Division? It must suck arse cheeks then...

Skullmo

Creep is worse than Frankenstin Division.

Hawkmumbler

Any chance of a Metalzoic (?) reprint?

SmallBlueThing

Savage book one, please. Stat! I dont want to pay a hundred notes on eBay!

SBT

judda fett

It's been suggested before but I'm going to chime in and say Dice Man. Please.

Richard

Dice Man, Shadows and The Dead.