Main Menu

Alan Moore First ever printed script in the 2000ad ??

Started by Fatboydale, 28 June, 2013, 04:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Struggling a bit here , what was Alan Moore's first printed Script in 2000ad ( including sci fi special ect ) is it these pages ??? from the 1980 sci fi special June 1st ..??

hippynumber1

Simon Beigh

Doh! Just posted my comment in the Original Art thread, didn't see this one. I'm sure Thrill Power Overload states Moore wrote his first piece in the 1980 special.

Hang on - I'll dig it out and have a look...

Frank

Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 04:22:10 PM
Struggling a bit here , what was Alan Moore's first printed Script in 2000ad ( including sci fi special ect ) is it these pages ??? from the 1980 sci fi special June 1st ..??

Assuming that's Holiday In Hell (Sci-fi Special 1980), then yes. Gary Spencer Millidge's Storyteller also gives Moore's first work printed in the prog itself as Killer In The Cab (July 1980), and that's definitely the submission Alan Grant describes telling the novice Moore to try and trim some fat from if he wants to have his first published work in 2000ad - so it seems odd that your pages found their way into print slightly more quickly. Congrats, Dale.

Simon Beigh

Sauchie got there before me! Yeah, Thrill Power Overload pg 75 states:

"Moore had been scraping a living as a writer and illustrator for various publishers... Hi first work published by IPC was a one-off tale called Holiday in Hell in the 2000AD Sci-FI Special in 1980"

So I was slightly wrong in that it's not his first ever published work, but that published by IPC.

Still a break through piece. Still bloody brilliant and a fantastic snag. It's complete too.

Oooooo - well done Dale  :)

Fatboydale

Quote from: sauchie on 28 June, 2013, 05:34:38 PM
Quote from: Fatboydale on 28 June, 2013, 04:22:10 PM

Assuming that's Holiday In Hell (Sci-fi Special 1980), then yes. Gary Spencer Millidge's Storyteller also gives Moore's first work printed in the prog itself as Killer In The Cab (July 1980), and that's definitely the submission Alan Grant describes telling the novice Moore to try and trim some fat from if he wants to have his first published work in 2000ad - so it seems odd that your pages found their way into print slightly more quickly. Congrats, Dale.

Like your Bacon ...

Yes these are Holiday In Hell and printed on 1st June 1980 http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=specials&choice=SCIFI80

Now i wonder what they are worth .... i so fooking love my Time Machine ...

Simon Beigh

Quote from: sauchie on 28 June, 2013, 05:34:38 PM

Assuming that's Holiday In Hell (Sci-fi Special 1980), then yes...

It's definitely Holiday in Hell. 2nd last frame references it.

Such a sweet snag, Dale  :)

Simon Beigh