Main Menu

PROG 1345

Started by Tu-plang, 13 June, 2003, 12:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt.Zeep

...and how does Gill steal the fraggin' bike?  Unless it's not Dredd's but one of the guards.

paulvonscott

I think he just wants an answer.  Of course, he's so pissed off noewhe may want to kill her anyway.

The anser Art of course, is that he could have taken judges after him probably but it would have been harder.

Tiplodocus

Just popping in briefly because I have no will power to speak of (you should have seen how long it took me to give up coke*)

COVER: I like it but what I really wanted was something like that one Bolland did of Orlok beating the crap out of DREDD.  

DREDD: I still think Burns can't draw effective action - some of the poses are just plain ludicrous.  But aren't his faces lovely and expressive.  Storywise, I'm enjoying this and I didn't realise just how "well-endowed" Gil was until this episode so that sort of makes up for all the prison guards being crap shots and stuff.

SIN/DEX: Oddly I enjoyed this. I like Yeowell's art and I thought the script (give a take one or two shite puns) was better than normal even if it does lokk a tad predictable.

INTERCEPTOR: Thought this was a pretty poor end to the tale which I was previously enjoying.  They solved the problem with a BIG GUN.  Even if it's one that they ingeniously rigged together using a nuclear reactor, some pipes, gaffer tape and some technobabble surely a more inventive solution could be found. And one second the blokes "Oh my god I'm a droid" and next second he's grinning buffoon again.  Last page of art looked pixellated to me.  

LOBSTER:  He solved the problem with some technobabble which disappointed me.  Given that Lobster is in a relationship with a robot, I inferred that Mechas could feel (and if it's in a relationship, it already knows about pain...er.. rapturous joy). So I just thought he'd tirture it, like, you know, that way. Apart from that I still enjoyed it.

ROGUE: Liked this: Love the art, love the completely useless but rather sexy leather ties all the way up the lab chicks suit.  Interested to see where it goes.

Floyd and Umpty well done! Floyd must have a stall in downtown Tokyo flogging 2000AD mousemats.

See, you hardly missed me at all did you?

*and move onto IRN BRU.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

I'd like to add that I enjoyed this prog and would rate it as just above average.

I'm glad Interceptor's finished, because I wasn't too keen, but the last episode was fine.

SinDex hasn't made me grind my teeth yet, which is a good sign. I don't want to dissect it too much. I'm reading it and it's entertainment. That's enough for now.

I liked Burns' art and Wagner's action-stuffed script on Dredd again, enjoyed Lobster Random again and I absolutely love Staz Johnson's Rogue, where the story is pretty good too.

Not too much enthusing there, but I'm still glad I buy 2000AD.

- Trout

GermanAndy

DREDD: Nice and unexpected ending. Good to see Dredd defeated once in a while. Hershey will be thrilled. Hm, is there be a new chief judge in the making?

ROGUE: solid plotting, nice twists, still amazing what you can do within five pages

INTERCEPTOR: not the greatest story in the world, but on the whole it was fun and had some nice art.

SIN/DEX: Hm, when it get?s slightly more earnest, it get?s better. I often wonder how Sin/Dex would be if written by another writer? Better? Worse?

LOBSTER: Silly, but fun. the first Spurrier work I like.