Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Jumping on that! Love me some Invincible. :D

Colin YNWA

I'm tempted by that but really can I justify it... really. I've not been that impressed by anything I've read by Kirkman, a lot of it is okay BUT this has always intrigued me. I know the... big thing that happens. So yeah is there a decent cut off point to read up to, so say the first 50 issues?

Hawkmumbler

Well i've read the first 50 issues in the firat compendium volume, and though I can't say #50 is an ideal end point the series is too good to pass up on.

I know the incident your refering too can be...off putting, but don't let it be such. It's a comparativly minor stumble that actualy has a nice comeback later on.

IndigoPrime

I'd be tempted if it was DRM-free, like Rogue Trooper was. What the hell is wrong with these companies?

Hawkmumbler

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 November, 2015, 06:11:01 PM
New sale at Comixology on The Maxx. Jump on it! Just do it right the hell now!

https://www.comixology.co.uk/The-Maxx-Maxximized-Sale/page/8704?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

Damn straight - bloody fantastic comics and at those prices you'd be daft to let it go. All of you. YES ALL OF YOU go buy these NOW!

Colin YNWA

And the deals keep coming. Next up Sandman. You can get the ten trades that I think cover the entire series for 40 quid. Now that seems a pretty good deal to me... so am I being utterly wrong headed to not be interested?

I had all of Sandman back in the day up to half way through The Kindly Ones and really liked it BUT since getting back into comics I've had not interest in revisiting? Don't ask me why not sure I could explain it but when its this cheap should I try it again... should I...

IndigoPrime

Sandman's one of those I reread every few years, along with Lucifer. I think it's great, but for me it's very much a "must be in paper" strip.

The Adventurer

Mega Image and Dark Horse digital sales going on on ComiXology this weekend.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Cool might try out Rebels after Proudhuffs (was it?) recommendations. Those Image prices is it 50% those listed on that page? If so...

Hoping for a few more of these by Friday.

amines2058

MangaStudio back on sale for $15 (£9 approx) at the SmithMicro site till Sunday. Do it, you wont regret it.
My preferred weapon of choice over Photoshop when working digitally.

Colin YNWA

Boom! have got into the Humble Bundle act and there's a LOT of stuff in there. For me my interest in Lumberjanes and Mark Waid's Irredeemable make this a must buy with lots of other stuff I'll have a pock at. So yeah well worth checking out. Bloody love me some Humble Bundles!

Check it out.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=7475d91894-Humble_Book_Bundle_10_Years_Of_Boom&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-7475d91894-134286173&mc_cid=7475d91894&mc_eid=80efd3e292

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Colin YNWA

Well I'm assuming you've all already bought the Boom! Humble Bundle and so are stirring blankly into the middle distance wondering what you will spend your X-Mas money on.

Well fear not my friends Image are having a 99cents end of year digital sale. It seems pretty much any digital comic published before November of this year is 99c or about 69p I think over at the image website. Blimey riley there's some thinking to be done about what to pick up here!

https://imagecomics.com/highlights/end-of-year-2015-99-cent-digital-comics-sale

Recommendations?

Colin YNWA

Slightly irriatatingly a few of the times I'm leaning towards don't seem to have digital editions BUT I'm looking at Stray Bullets and Black Science keenly. Can anyone recommend either of those?