Main Menu

YouTube - Scotland's Amazing Comic Book Heroes

Started by Marbles, 12 July, 2011, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

QuoteScottish writers such as Mark Millar, Grant Morrison and Alan Grant have put Scotland at the heart of an international superhero industry in comic books and on film

Decent nod to 2000AD.

YouTube link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9mnbOtzwVU

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Buttonman

I enjoyed this apart from the 'investigative reporter' framing device. Pity when they got to Judge Dredd he was looking at a crappy Quality Comics reprint and then Alan Grant showed off a Heavt Metal Dredd which , to be frank, isn't the character at his best.

Overall positive an unapologetic - although Mark Millar as one half of the 'comics Lennon & McCartney' was stretching it a bit.

Ignatzmonster

They left out a great many creators, but I overall enjoyed it. I've thought about this before actually and I came to a different conclusion. I always thought it was more related to Scotland's producing some of the best adventure writers in the literature: Stevenson, Buchan, Scott, Doyle. All of them very visual writers. Perhaps that plus a long history of comics is the formula.

M.I.K.

One of the things people have always done when the weather is crap and they're stuck indoors is read or listen to stories. Sometimes they tell stories themselves.

The weather is crap in Scotland a lot.