Main Menu

A question about the guledig in slaine...

Started by malkymac, 25 August, 2013, 10:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malkymac

did slaine not kill him in 'Treasures of Britain'?
:-*

Frank

Most characters in Slaine seem to have died and been resurrected at least once, including the title character. Then you have the whole time travel thing.

JayzusB.Christ

I don't think he can die.  Could be mistaken, but I think whenever he gets wounded he just disappears into the El worlds and fixes himself.
But yeah, everyone important in Sláine comes back, and sometimes the explanations don't quite wash.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

In fairness to Pat, as a macrocosmic being the Guledig merely manifests in various times, being essentially trapped in the cosmic prison that is Cythrawl at the dawn of Earth's prehistory.  The Cythrons use the great time-worms to tunnel to different ages and harvest the energy of human's dark emotions in order to restore and free the imprisoned Dark Gods, and it is presumably by some version of these means that the Wee Man incarnates in the times and spaces that we know. 

Anyhow, how do we know that the Guledig doen't die in Treasures of Britain at some point after the Book of Scars?

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 August, 2013, 07:38:18 PM
In fairness to Pat, as a macrocosmic being the Guledig merely manifests in various times, being essentially trapped in the cosmic prison that is Cythrawl at the dawn of Earth's prehistory.  The Cythrons use the great time-worms to tunnel to different ages and harvest the energy of human's dark emotions in order to restore and free the imprisoned Dark Gods, and it is presumably by some version of these means that the Wee Man incarnates in the times and spaces that we know. 

Anyhow, how do we know that the Guledig doen't die in Treasures of Britain at some point after the Book of Scars?

You know everyone else was just waiting for you to turn up and take this one, right?

TordelBack

Slaine and sandcastles are pretty much all I'm good for. Ask anyone.

ThryllSeekyr

BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......

[spoiler]Lord Weird Slough Feg Died by the hand or crotch (The boar's head tusks thing on his belt or harness!) of Slaine in Slaine: The Horned God towards it's end and he reappears in Slaine: Beyond! Though this was in the underworld or the El-World ofteh Dead. So, I'm unsure of Slough Feg's actual condition here. Anyway, Slaine grievously fatally spears him against a wooden post before leaving him there to rot further!

Slough Throt dies of personal worm infestation vie the sorcery of Slough Feg. Slaine never laid a finger on him!

Elfric Dies by Slaine's by warping his own earth-power through a Leyser Sword at him in the arena in Cythrawl in Slaine: Time-Killer and again by the hand of the Dark God Grimnismal in Slaine: Tomb of Terror! If you read and and successfully played through the Slaine: Dice-Man book. In You Are Slaine: Dragon-Corpse Slaine defeats him in a duel as the power of the El-World gem now restored in the Death's Door Shield sends him back to the El-Worlds. Elfric reappears later in You Are Slaine: Ring of Danu. He dies by Gae-Bolga thrown through his chest or rather having it pulled out. Only to reappear twice  in Slaine: Demon-Killer to once die again by being strangled by Slaine using a length of the Earth Goddess's hair and again by a warped Slaine who chopped his legs and then decpitates him sending him back to the E-lWorlds.  Now, I thought he reappears in Slaine: Books of Invasions, but can't find him anywhere in the three volumes. Slaine does fight Elfric's brother Morholt in Slaine: Tara and he said he was avenging Elfric's demise. So, Slaine must have given him final death!  It does look like Slaine defeats him by warping his own earth-power through his Tathum in this latest episode of Slaine: Book of Scars: Elswhere!

Sheriff Gilbert De Manville is depitated by the axe of Slaine and Slaine slays the Blood God with the Arrow of Truth in Slaine: Lord of Misrule

I haven't read Slaine: Grail War or any further until Slaine: Books of Invasions, so maybe someone else could fill in the gaps there.

Morholt is first fatally pierced by Slaine firing multiple crossbow bolts at him and when he regenerates to later reappear. Slaine manhandles him to stare into the eyes of a Basilisk turning him to stone and then decapitaing him in Slaine: Book of Invasions: Tara!

Balor of the Evil Eye dies after having his heart ripped out by a warped Slaine in Moloch is grievously wounded  by the axe of Slaine and thrown to the Dark God ]b]Aten[/b] both in Slaine: Book of Invasions: Moloch!

Odacon Dies after ridng his horse off a cliff while being chased by Slaine who was also on horse back. He was in a hurry to return to the water and was grievously wounded when he hit the rocky ground below. As the tide was out and Slaine finishes him off by decapitation.

The Great Guledig is split in twain by Slaine's thrown axe and looks apparently dead in the end of the second volume of Slaine: Treasures of Britain and reappears in Slaine: The Wanderer : Exorcist where he just fades from view as Slaine attacks it again. I think he was made immortal, defying death after being separated from his lower body.[/spoiler]

TordelBack

Outstanding post, ThryllSeekyr.  I am in awe of your scholarship, especially re: the many deaths of Elfric.

hippynumber1

My favourite is 'personal worm infestation'!  :lol:

malkymac

ThryllSeekyr

BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......BIG SPOILER WARNING.......

[spoiler]Lord Weird Slough Feg Died by the hand or crotch (The boar's head tusks thing on his belt or harness!) of Slaine in Slaine: The Horned God towards it's end and he reappears in Slaine: Beyond! Though this was in the underworld or the El-World ofteh Dead. So, I'm unsure of Slough Feg's actual condition here. Anyway, Slaine grievously fatally spears him against a wooden post before leaving him there to rot further!

Slough Throt dies of personal worm infestation vie the sorcery of Slough Feg. Slaine never laid a finger on him!

Elfric is mortally (I'm not sure if that's possible, since he's not mortal!) wounded when a warped Slaine crushes him under a large stone cross and decapitates him with Elfric's own axe when Slaine was sent to kill him at the Battle of Clontarf. When Elfric regenerates, he returns, but dies again when Slaine warps his own earth-power through a Leyser Sword at him in the arena in Cythrawl in Slaine: Time-Killer and again by the hand of the Dark God Grimnismal in Slaine: Tomb of Terror! If you read and and successfully played through the Slaine: Dice-Man book. In You Are Slaine: Dragon-Corpse Slaine defeats him in a duel as the power of the El-World gem now restored in the Death's Door Shield sends him back to the El-Worlds. Elfric reappears later in You Are Slaine: Ring of Danu. He dies by Gae-Bolga thrown through his chest or rather having it pulled out. Only to reappear twice  in Slaine: Demon-Killer to once die again by being strangled by Slaine using a length of the Earth Goddess's hair and again by a warped Slaine who chopped off his legs and then decapitates him sending him back to the El-Worlds again.  Now, I thought he reappears in Slaine: Books of Invasions, but can't find him anywhere in the three volumes. Slaine does fight Elfric's brother Morholt in Slaine: Tara and he said he was avenging Elfric's demise. So, Slaine must have given him final death!  It does look like Slaine defeats him by warping his own earth-power through his Tathum in this latest episode of Slaine: Book of Scars: Elswhere!

Sheriff Gilbert De Manville is depitated by the axe of Slaine and Slaine slays the Blood God with the Arrow of Truth in Slaine: Lord of Misrule

I haven't read Slaine: Grail War or any further until Slaine: Books of Invasions, so maybe someone else could fill in the gaps there.

Morholt is first fatally pierced by Slaine firing multiple crossbow bolts at him and when he regenerates to later reappear. Slaine manhandles him to stare into the eyes of a Basilisk turning him to stone and then decapitaing him in Slaine: Book of Invasions: Tara!

Balor of the Evil Eye dies after having his heart ripped out by a warped Slaine in Moloch is grievously wounded  by the axe of Slaine and thrown to the Dark God ]b]Aten
both in Slaine: Book of Invasions: Moloch!

Odacon Dies after ridng his horse off a cliff while being chased by Slaine who was also on horse back. He was in a hurry to return to the water and was grievously wounded when he hit the rocky ground below. As the tide was out and Slaine finishes him off by decapitation.

The Great Guledig is split in twain by Slaine's thrown axe and looks apparently dead in the end of the second volume of Slaine: Treasures of Britain and reappears in Slaine: The Wanderer : Exorcist where he just fades from view as Slaine attacks it again. I think he was made immortal, defying death after being separated from his lower body.[/spoiler]

I had to fix that! I've now included Elfric's death at the Battle of Clontarf. (I don't know how I or anybody else could have missed that one!) Now that's another two times if you count both versions of it.