Main Menu

Dave Gibbons Glasgow signing

Started by Satanist, 03 March, 2009, 08:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

My sister, a non- 2000AD fan (!) was in Borders buying some thing else. She said the queues were simply huge. Hope people got their stuff signed and Mr Gibbons arms don't fall off. :shock:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

I, Cosh

Quote from: "The monarch"Half right I will be carrying the meg bundled reprint of the story in question so if you see the one idiot carrying canon fodder then you'll know its me
wherefore art thou monarch? I've gone all brindly white from sitting in the Auctioneers without light.
We never really die.

The Monarch

I was there (no 9 in the queue) Waited a while outside the store and then left I was tired and my butt was sore from sitting on the floor while waiting in the line

Dandareisdead

I was late to the party - arrived at Borders about 2:00pm. Where did everyone go? Was it over in a half hour? Didn't they get the numbers they were expecting?

GordonR

He was also doing a private talk before the signing.  Tickets for it seem to have been extremely limited, and only available by application through some link buried on the Borders site.  I know a few people who were supposed to be going to it, but haven't heard how it went.

I, Cosh

I got there just before half one. The queue started on the second floor, went all the way down the stairs, across the basement and back up the other stairs to the ground floor. They told us he was only signing for an hour and we'd be unlikely to get anything. Having nothing better to do, I hung around and it was 2:20 by the time I got to the front.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Like the film, that was both great and disappointing.

Great to spend twenty seconds in front of someone whose work I've been admiring since I was 13 (no, not Shannon Tweed) but disappointing in that it was only twenty seconds and that I could only get one thing signed.

In the end, I plumped for my WATCHMEN issue 1 - all tatty and curry and beer stained from 23 years of abuse but I was never planning on selling it anyway. Tiny Tips opted for ROGUE TROOPER - the first big album and managed to tell him that he liked all of the Big Tanks. And it turns out he has a sone called Tiny Tips as well.

And I got a nice photo which I might stick up.

Apologies I then had to feed the little fella so we didn't get to Auctioneers until 3pmish - caught up with Cosh and his mate.

I guess I've been spoilt by early Moniaive and Dreddcon's and Hi-Ex where you get to spend so much time with the writers and artists that this rushed signing seemed, welll, rushed.

But, wow, another favourite artist seen in the flesh.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Sorry I missed you guys. I got to Borders at 1 and the queue was fecking massive. Waited 20 minutes and thought to hell with this.

I nipped into Auctioneers but no one was there yet, then bumped into some mates and went and played pool.

Im glad you got signings though as there was a wee woman telling our part that there wasnt likely gonna be enough time for us.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?