Main Menu

Lost Thrills

Started by Wake, 11 January, 2002, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

crime5: The Testimonial of Lips Lazarus not found in 2000AD

This story was in prog 130. Called The Mob. Art by Dave Gibbons.

edredd15: The Mad Computer not found in 2000AD

If it has McMahon Art it is either Komputel, Prog 32 or Christmas Comes A Little Early To Des O'Connor Block, prog 144. Both stories have the same premise - a computer going crazy.

scojo

Thread Zero

Wake,
edredd29: Brain Child not found in 2000AD

I think this is New Year is cancelled, prog 146. Art by Brendan McCarthy. About this brainy kid who tries to blow up the city. Unless you are referring to another tale? Maybe.

qdredd25: Everyone on a colony ship has lied or cheated their way onboard. It's a trick cos 'hard people' are needed to tame a hostile frozen planets. not found in 2000AD

This sounds like one of the stories in the Mega Racket series which ran from progs 209 to 223. The one entitled The Perp Runners. Maybe this is what you mean? Best to check first Wake.
It had art by Ron smith, prog 211.

I really should get out more....

scojo

Thread Zero

Wake,

When you are next in Rebellion towers, describe robot thieves, tough guy, Anderson revenge and any of the other strips in a little more detail.
Names of artists for example, or describe the storylines.

With a little bit more detail, I reckon I can help with the rest.
By the way, that present for Dredd story is from the Daily Star. I got it in one of those reprints books.

scojo

Wake

In fact it's Peter Thompson, not Rebellion, who is supplying me with US reprint scans and contents. I've emailed him some of the queries to check the ones we can't be sure of (e.g. Komputel vs Barny). Which reprint book is the Present story in?

Cheers,

Wake

Thread Zero

Wake,
The story is called Present Day. Reprinted in The Judge Dredd Collection number 2. Page 18!

By the way, this Anderson Revenge tale interests me. I can't remember an Anderson strip with that title.

I'd guess he means the first Anderson story, where she is tricked into returning to Deadworld and brings the dark dudes back to physical life.
I may be wrong though!

That was from progs 416 to 427.

scojo

Leigh S

Scojo is right about the Anderson story being 'the Four Dark Judges' - it is often (mistakenly?) called 'Revenge' because the first page ends with (a dream) Death screaming this word.

'The Blob' however, is more likely to be the John Higgins story from the first Judge dredd Mega Special though, which features a blob like mutant burning it's way through the citizenry...

Thread Zero

I think you may be right about the blob. I guess if Wake finds out who drew it we will know for sure.

scojo