Main Menu

Bill Watterson biography

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 August, 2009, 12:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

Listen again is here for the next 7 days (prob only if you're in the UK).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mr2fj

TordelBack

Nah, oddly Listen Again works for us scabarous non-Licence Payers.  TV is a no-go, but (thank the dear Laud Jeebus) Radio 4 is still beamed into the barbarian lands in attempt to bring calming liberalism to the unwashed.  Thanks for the link, CraveNoir.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: locustsofdeath on 11 August, 2009, 02:19:00 PM
Anyone have the delux slipcase set of Calvin and Hobbes?

I have the Far Side and Mad's Don Martin volumes and they're brilliant. However, I did hear Watterson changed a few of his cartoons to make them a bit more PC...

I've been interested in getting that slipcase set for quite some time - does anyone know how true the rumors are that Watterson changed the wording of several cartoons?

If this is true, I'll really have to wrestle with the idea of shelling out the cash for the books(s)...

TordelBack

Is it wrong that I want to kill Phil Jupitus for imagining Calvin as Kurt Cobain?

Colin YNWA

Wow we need to start a new thread "Goosebump moments in radio" the bit at the end were the song kicks and the bit right at the end "...lets go explore" brillant

(except the Kurt Cobain comment yuck - Calvin has to become one of us regular folk cos thats who we were)

House of Usher

I caught a chunk of that programme on the radio driving to work today, including the bit with Boo Cook and Matt Smith. Some interesting content.
STRIKE !!!