Main Menu

SPEED IT UP

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 03 February, 2009, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He won the Ultimatw Not-Wagner Tournament donchaknow.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

M.I.K.

Hmm.. before I replied to Faplad's original post I seem to have skimmed past the part which called Pat's stuff "offensive", (thrice no less), which seems a hell of a strong word to be using about anyone's work in that context. If I felt that strongly about something I wouldn't bother reading it in the first place.

Peter Wolf

I have one main gripe with Pat Mills that i will not expand upon so dont even ask.

Just concentrating one one strip in particular that is Defoe which i like there were a few historical innacuracies or errors that i have noticed but they were only trivial but because i dont like to nitpick very much [not when i am reading strips anyway as i do enough of that elsewhere and i like to switch off from it] i had the attitude that they didnt really matter.Just the fact that he seems to be the only writer who writes scripts in historical settings is enough for myself.

He started the comic and is still very much involved.

Enough said.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

M.I.K.

Yeah, there actually weren't that many undead around in London in the 17th century.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "M.I.K."Yeah, there actually weren't that many undead around in London in the 17th century.

how do you know?

Buttonman

Quote from: "peterwolf"Just concentrating one one strip in particular that is Defoe which i like there were a few historical innacuracies or errors

The fact that he's got zombies and flying vizards running around means that all bets are off when it comes to "historical innacuracies" - he's set up the world so any deviations from our established knowledge could be entirely deliberate. To say otherwise would be a bit like the misguided reader who wrote in to Tharg to point out that the Americans nuked Japan rather than Germany as shown in the new strip 'Zenith'.

M.I.K.

Quote from: "garageman"how do you know?

Us werewolves killed 'em all.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "M.I.K."Yeah, there actually weren't that many undead around in London in the 17th century.

Thats not what i meant and if it was it could hardly be described as trivial.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JayzusB.Christ

Quotea bit like the misguided reader who wrote in to Tharg to point out that the Americans nuked Japan rather than Germany as shown in the new strip 'Zenith'.

Wasn´t me. But i did think for an embarrassingly long time that Berlin had been a-bombed.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Faplad's last three paragraphs are a better start.  There's stuff in there to discuss, unlike statements about work being 'offensive' and 'shoddy attempts at scripting'.  Probably best to think of this place as a pub, where people are only to happy to whinge and nitpick about almost any aspect of the beer, decor, service, toilets or each other, but probably wouldn't take too kindly to you walking in the door and announcing loudly that the barman is a tw*t.

In the immortal words of Wil Wheaton, don't be a dick.

House of Usher

Quote from: "kevlev"Me too, I don't understand 'Pat' hating... without him, none of us would be here.
What?? Pat Mills is my Dad???  :o
STRIKE !!!

Kev Levell

Quote from: "House of Usher"What?? Pat Mills is my Dad???  :o

I see him as more of a matriarch of the comic. He gave birth to it, nurtured it, and helped shape it in its formative years. Now it's the '30 something' child that's happy to stay at home.

I reckon John Wagner is the Daddy, but please feel free to disagree!

James Stacey

Quote from: "House of Usher"What?? Pat Mills is my Dad???  :o
There is something we have been meaning to tell you for quite some time ....

Banners

Is Scojo back again?

M@

Wils

Bah! That image of the 'Pat Mills Sings!' album has vanished from the internets.