Main Menu

Rob Williams Dreddverse

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 07 October, 2018, 11:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Morning team

As I get older I find my ability to retain information about the stories in the prog is waning. I used to read the prog religiously every week three or four times. These days with a family and job to think about a stolen five minute scan of the prog is more accurate. Consequently I'm lost when it comes to the plots and the relationships in all of the stories. I keep on promising myself that I will sit down and reread various stories from the beginning so I can remember who everyone is. I did this before and it really helped my enjoyment of the strips. I reread Nikolai Dante from the beginning before the final series so I could really appreciate what was going on.

With Henry Flints return to the regular Dredd continuity in the new Rob Williams Dredd I have decided to reread all Dredd stories which would help explain what is going on. I'm assuming reading things like Lowlife and Trifecta and Titan would help but is there a complete list of stories I should be choosing to read to give the fullest picture?

Richard

As well as the stories you mentioned (I assume you're including Enceladus when you say Titan), you definitely need to read Acts of Grud in progs 2004-2006, as the current story is a direct sequel.

Also Change of Loyalties, prog 1466, might be relevant even though it's by Gordon Rennie as it introduces Kazan junior.

Other stories by Williams which may or may not turn out to be relevant are Get Sin, progs 2001-2003, Boxing Day in 2016's Prog 2011, The Fields, progs 2035-36 and Fit For Purpose, progs 2073-74, although I think the last three are Judge Pin stories so they may not come up.

Proudhuff

Now if only someone would collect all these and publish them in a series of themed books...
DDT did a job on me