Main Menu

Prog 2141 - Pincer movement

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 20 July, 2019, 07:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Four out of five top notch for me... but it does make you wonder how many Judges the Meg goes through...
DDT did a job on me

Fungus

Thankful for the wonderful Williams/Weston Dredd as the rest aren't doing it unfortunately.

Of the other two I read, they *look* great at least. Absalom seems unusually bland (a top strip normally) and the weird-goings-on of Thistlebone isn't my cuppa. Maybe Avril is responsible for more than she knows, maybe not. I concede that it may appeal to many and it's just me...

TordelBack

Thought that was a thoroughly scrotnig comic.

Weston Cover and Dredd, yes please! That droid just gets better and better. Interesting opener too, and good to see the Mechanismo memo has been well circulated.

Absalom is stunningly good. I don't think anyone has mastered the episodic structure of 2000AD as completely as Rennie in a very long time. Every episode is a concentrated burst of story and character, not a single lovely TT panel wasted.

Beeby may not have quite reached that level of mastery on Anderson, but this is a very satisfying episode. Having had her use of narrative elipses pointed out to me here, i find I look out for and actually enjoy thwm: good example with Anderson's monster fight this week. Swimming slightly against her tide, I think Aneke's had really grown into this strip - I lover her (am I right here?) centre page design, Andersons facial expressions and her really deft take on the uniform (although I wish that zip would stay up). Lovely colours from Nosenzo (sp?) too.

Thistlebone is lighting my pagan fires, another solid showcase for episode design, backed up by twisty happenings and glorious, glorious art.

Indigo Prime: no further comment.

TordelBack

Jovus drokk, this bloody phone is chewing up my deathless prose something awful these days. Apologies (again).