Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I've a sneaking suspicion he'll do and die, for a properly bittersweet finale.

Greg M.

I'd be very surprised if Harry doesn't die - he's been terminally ill for some prolonged time and is surely approaching his end. Looking forward to this - it's been easily one of the best series to run in the prog in recent years.

Frank

Posted on this thread for irony:

John is now free to do the work he likes, although he does dabble in writing the occasional Judge Dredd story. But he added: "I'm not intending to do many more."

Hardly news to anyone paying attention, but still.

rs_jr

when are judge pin, new slaine and new defoe starting up?

Gerhard better come back and put down Pin himself and then get his own series following him in the wastelands

broodblik

Quote from: rs_jr on 03 June, 2019, 06:12:21 AM
when are judge pin, new slaine and new defoe starting up?

Gerhard better come back and put down Pin himself and then get his own series following him in the wastelands

Judge Pin should return in a story called Control in August: https://2000ad.com/post/5222

Slaine and Defoe both should start in 2019 but when is a good question.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Just saw this on 2000AD's twitter feed:

"Some myths never die.

New folk horror THISTLEBONE by TC Eglington and Simon Davis - debuting 12th June in 2000 AD Prog 2135."

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Art for the upcoming Indigo Prime by Lee Carter

Richard

That looks amazing! One of the very best artists in comics.

Troubling news about Wagner.  :o

I hope he writes the story in which Hershey finally dies. I wouldn't want anyone else to write the demise of such a long-running character.

MacabreMagpie

That panel is from the previous series, in prog 2055. Lee shared it on Twitter in leiu of being able to post any new artwork, but there is indeed a new series coming.

Frank

Quote from: Richard on 03 June, 2019, 05:19:59 PM

I hope he writes the story in which Hershey finally dies. I wouldn't want anyone else to write the demise of such a long-running character.

Hoping for a twist on Death Of A Legend, where Dredd kidnaps Hershey from the hospice but this time they embark on a wacky road trip, crossing all the items off her bucket list as they go.

Pat Mills's loss is Tom Eglinton's gain; only MacNeil sits on a higher shelf than Flint and Simon Davis in Tharg's cabinet of treasures. The pairing of a relatively new writer with a Rolls Royce artist reminds me of Tharg handing Mike Carroll the keys to Colin MacNeil for Grindstone Cowboys and warning him not to damage the paintwork.

Might as well post this again; might not get much more use out of it:

Wagner Dredds per annum:

2019 - 08 (Meg 0)
2018 - 00 (Meg 1)
2017 - 07 (Meg 0)
2016 - 09 (Meg 0)
2015 - 13 (Meg 3)p
2014 - 24 (Meg 6)
2013 - 20 (Meg 0) *
2012 - 25 (Meg 0)
2011 - 23 (Meg 2)
2010 - 29 (Meg 2)
2009 - 31 (Meg 3)
2008 - 24 (Meg 8)
2007 - 30 (Meg 5)
2006 - 25 (Meg 7)
2005 - 22 (Meg 7)
2004 - 25 (Meg 9)

* Dark Justice included here, since it was written for publication in 2013 but delayed for two years to give Greg Staples time to satisfy his (successful) quest for total perfection.

broodblik

Quote from: MacabreMagpie on 03 June, 2019, 06:24:19 PM
That panel is from the previous series, in prog 2055. Lee shared it on Twitter in leiu of being able to post any new artwork, but there is indeed a new series coming.

My bad, but damn it still looks cool.

Jim_Campbell

Why? He hasn't specified either a timescale or a number of stories he still intends to do. As has been obvious for a good number of years, John's happy to leave the week-in-week-out grind to newer models of script droid and contribute the increasingly occasional story when the mood takes him.

And, one day, he's going to retire. Or are you saying that Wagner should literally work until he dies so that you can read Dredd strips penned by him? That seems a mite... I dunno... selfish?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richard

I didn't say anything of the sort. I only said I'd be sad when he finally packs it in.

You're often quite aggressive to other people on this board. I respectfully suggest you tone it down a tad.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Richard on 03 June, 2019, 11:28:54 PM
I didn't say anything of the sort. I only said I'd be sad when he finally packs it in.

With respect, that's not what you said. I asked why you thought the news was troubling because those were the words you used. You can tell those were the words you used because you typed them and I quoted them in the post you replied to. If that's not what you meant then that's something completely different but I'm not psychic.

QuoteYou're often quite aggressive to other people on this board. I respectfully suggest you tone it down a tad.

For a long time, I'll admit I wasn't in a very good place and ran on a very short fuse. I've mea culpa-ed for that more than once and have been making an effort to do better. I'm sorry if you thought my tone was aggressive, but I don't see it. I asked you a question, based on the words you used to express a position. If those words didn't express that position, all you had to do was explain what you did mean and clarify a misunderstanding.

However, I'd like you retract your claim that I'm "often quite aggressive to other people on this board." Whilst I have freely admitted that I was much more bad-tempered than was good for either me or the forum in the past, I'd invite you to take a trawl through, I dunno, the last three years of my posts (you can find them here) and come back with enough examples to show that I'm "often aggressive."

If you can't, or if you just can't be arsed (which is fair enough), then I'd like you to withdraw that accusation because, frankly, it's quite hurtful.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 June, 2019, 08:32:08 AM
I'd invite you to take a trawl through, I dunno, the last three years of my posts (you can find them here) and come back with enough examples to show that I'm "often aggressive."

Well, this...

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 June, 2019, 10:52:43 PM
Or are you saying that Wagner should literally work until he dies so that you can read Dredd strips penned by him? That seems a mite... I dunno... selfish?

...in response to this...

...was a mite uncalled for.
@jamesfeistdraws