Main Menu

Original Art For Sale - Ron Smith/Cliff Robinson/David Roach/Carlos Ezquerra

Started by J3D1, 23 January, 2013, 10:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3D1

I've recently become engaged to be married.............sigh, and need to raise funds so i'll be offering these up on either ebay, caf or private.
Reason for posting here is i'd like your opinion on pricing up their worth.
Any help would be much appreciated.

2000AD Judge Dredd Apocalypse War By Carlos Ezquerra Prog #263 Page 19

2000AD Judge Dredd City Block By Ron Smith Prog #118 Page 5

2000AD Judge Anderson Four Dark Judges By Cliff Robinson Prog #423 Page 7

2000AD ANDERSON PSI DIVISION PROG# 691 HELIOS PART 6 DAVID ROACH

ming

Congratulations / commiserations, Paul.  All for a good cause, and I'm sure you've still got some nice pieces tucked away.

The Ezquerra page is definitely the best of the bunch and I'm sure you'll get a few decent offers here if you decide against eBay.  As for price, I know the last page Rufus sold through Artdroids was £265 but his prices have rocketed since then - reflecting the market to some extent but driving it a little, I think.  Anyway, if it went on eBay today, I'd expect it'd fetch £400+ (maybe less, but it's a sought-after storyline).

Ron Smith; nice page but not a major story (and he did many): maybe £200?
Cliff Robinson / David Roach - no idea, really - nice pages, but not my kind of thing and a little tricky for me to speculate.

By the time I've finished typing this, I'm sure someone more helpful will have come along, anyway!

Good luck, fella.

:)

ming

Quote from: ming on 23 January, 2013, 10:58:34 AMBy the time I've finished typing this, I'm sure someone more helpful will have come along, anyway!

Having thought about it, art-collectors a secretive bunch so may not want to discuss this in public...  Doesn't bother me in the slightest, though.  Hopefully you'll at least get a second opinion.

Spikes

Aye, Congratulations / commiserations from me as well, Paul.
Some very nice pieces your having to let go of, but i dare say theyll all find a home.
Those Apoc War page have certainly gone up in price (and still are - saw one the other day), so thatll be the pricey-ist of the bunch. As you bought yours recently - and then put me in touch with Rufus to get my recent grabs, youll be aware of this!
Might be worth asking Gronkguy on here, he's a big time Apocalypse War collector, i think.
The Robinson and Roach pages may well sell via CAF, is it Richard Burton on there who has a good few of these pages? Price wise? Im not sure either. £250/300?
The Ron Smith page is just lovely though, yet his stuff is so cheap to buy. Again around the £250 mark?

Greg M.

I think in the 200-ish bracket is probably about right for the Ron page – I'm trying to remember how much my page from 'The Lurker' cost, and I think it was in the early 200s. Apocalypse War: I would concur with ming, with the potential for it to go high 'cos it's such a sought-after story. Roach, not sure – my Roach pages were bought from Wake a couple of years back (and again, I've forgotten how much I paid – a little under 100, maybe?), but mine didn't feature anything like as much Anderson as that page does, so I'd guess maybe around 200? Robinson, dunno – but the simple presence of the Dark Judges would seem to me to automatically bump the price a bit: 250-ish maybe, like Judge Jack suggests?

Tough luck on having to let the pages go, good luck on the marriage!

J3D1

Thanks guys, i've had to flip so much art of late to save up for the big day.

opaque

J3D1

I've listed the Apocalypse war page on ebay as i've been getting offers with very varying amounts so i'll put it out to auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221181733688

opaque

J3D1

Aye, cheers fella.
Bit of a cop out but i've got to raise a pretty penny.

ming

Quote from: J3D1 on 25 January, 2013, 10:47:47 AM
I've listed the Apocalypse war page on ebay as i've been getting offers with very varying amounts...

Name and shame - would be nice to see who the cheapskates are!

:lol:

(not really)

Spikes

Quote from: J3D1 on 25 January, 2013, 10:47:47 AM
I've listed the Apocalypse war page on ebay as i've been getting offers with very varying amounts so i'll put it out to auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221181733688

Good luck with the sale, Paul - did this have a reserve on it BTW?
Be interesting to see what it ends up going for.

J3D1

Nope, I never really do reserves so fingers crossed.
Got a few offers coming in already from that ebay listing for the other pieces.

J3D1

Quote from: J3D1 on 23 January, 2013, 10:50:21 AM

I still have the following two pages for sale (Ron Smith sale fell through).
Shipping will be an extra £15 (at a guess) royal mail special delivery.

2000AD Judge Dredd City Block By Ron Smith Prog #118 Page 5 £350

2000AD ANDERSON PSI DIVISION PROG# 691 HELIOS PART 6 DAVID ROACH £300