Main Menu

The British International Comics Show 2010

Started by BICS2007, 14 March, 2010, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey

Quote from: satchmo on 04 October, 2010, 06:32:04 PM
I'm going to BICS! Really looking forward to it. I haven't booked a hotel yet like, any ideas folks?

Me and The A Man and Paul are all staying at The Comfort Inn, looks a bit shite but it was very cheap! :-D
http://www.comfortinn-birmingham.co.uk/The_Comfort_Inn_Birmingham_Accommodation.html

Matt Timson

Pffft...

COMMANDO FORCES

Apparently I'm staying in a Travelodge, don't know which but I'll find out this afternoon, when I pop down the comic shop!

stacey

Dandontdare

I'm at the Holiday Inn, as is Dunk, and possibly others. Fairly cheap, and easy walking distance.

El Chivo

I'm staying here
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hatters-Hostel-Birmingham/Birmingham/5132
no idea wot it's like & sharing with a bunch of strangers but it's cheap & i plan to be bladdered  :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: stacey on 05 October, 2010, 11:15:03 AM
The Comfort Inn, looks a bit shite but it was very cheap!

...And opposite the train station. My criteria precisely. I have no idea why Birmingham is so fucking expensive -- I've paid less for rooms the last twice I've been to London.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Christov

Can I gloat about how I'm living in the student accommodation right next door to the venue?

Kerrin

Yay! Party at Christov's!

I'm at the Holiday Inn as well. The pre-booking prices have almost doubled since the beginning of last week. 

uncle fester

Quote from: Kerrin on 06 October, 2010, 07:54:01 AM
The pre-booking prices have almost doubled since the beginning of last week. 

Really? That's a bit cheeky isn't it?

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Christov

BICS2007

Quote from: uncle fester on 06 October, 2010, 09:47:18 AM
Quote from: Kerrin on 06 October, 2010, 07:54:01 AM
The pre-booking prices have almost doubled since the beginning of last week. 

Really? That's a bit cheeky isn't it?

Always best to book hotels as early as possible the prices do go up nearer to the time you want to book. I find that in most cities I've stayed in. Always best to book at least a month in advance... more if possible.

Can I suggest if any of you are coming to the show in a group...try Arcadian Apartments. We always use them for our own accomodation over the BICS weekend.
If there's a bunch of you it's dirt cheap and the apts are real luxury

S.

BICS2007

TV presenter and comics writer Jonathan Ross will be joining us at BICS this year as our very special guest.
He'll be signing copies of Turf and taking part in a special event involving a digital version Of Tommy Lee Edwards which we think could well be a UK Comic Convention first! :-)

Steven Sterlacchini

Quote from: BICS2007 on 07 October, 2010, 03:59:54 AM
TV presenter and comics writer Jonathan Ross will be joining us at BICS this year as our very special guest.
He'll be signing copies of Turf and taking part in a special event involving a digital version Of Tommy Lee Edwards which we think could well be a UK Comic Convention first! :-)

Both Days?