Main Menu

The British International Comics Show 2010

Started by BICS2007, 14 March, 2010, 06:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Sterlacchini

Change of plan. I'll be attending on Sunday.

I'll be bringing the Judge (Minty) costumes for a couple of people from the Hollywood Heroes costume group to wear for a bit.

See you there.
Steven

Dandontdare

Cool! I've been hoping to get a chance to take a look at those costumes close up (and get a photo of myself being arrested and/or wearing the helmet!)

Emperor

Events have conspired against me and it is unlikely that I'll be able to make it (there is a slim chance but I won't know until Friday), which is a pity as I was hoping to meet everyone. :(

If it all comes together it'll be a mad dash down on Saturday morning - will there be tickets for the day available on the door?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dandontdare

Ahaaa! Confirms my suspicions that "The Emperor" isn't actually a person at all, but a sentient supercomputer programmed with a full database of comic-related facts. What "he" means is that his synthetic humanoid simulacrum isn't quite ready yet.

Lady Festina

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 October, 2010, 04:42:43 PM
Ahaaa! Confirms my suspicions that "The Emperor" isn't actually a person at all, but a sentient supercomputer programmed with a full database of comic-related facts. What "he" means is that his synthetic humanoid simulacrum isn't quite ready yet.

Ahaaa! Confirms my suspicions that "The Emperor" is in fact engaged full-time in averting crises and catastrophes around the globe and that he has heard advance warning of a seismic shift off the Pacific coast of South America which could jeopardise the lives of any Chilean miners left underground at the weekend so he's off to adjust the tectonic plates of said region whilst popping in to save some rainforest and resolving ongoing police / drug cartel feuds in Nicaragua and Mexico on the way home. Best of luck with that, Emps.

uncle fester

Or he's a house cat with highly developed typing skills. And a penchant for comics.

Kev Levell

Quote from: uncle fester on 12 October, 2010, 05:41:27 PM
Or he's a house cat with highly developed typing skills. And a penchant for comics.

You know the interludes from Fractal Friction... [spoiler]they're NOT made up... Jim just changed the names to disguise the truth![/spoiler]

Emperor

And, of course, it completely ruins my chance to prove I am not Jonathan Ross. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Emperor on 12 October, 2010, 06:00:25 PM
And, of course, it completely ruins my chance to prove I am not Jonathan Ross. ;)

Yeah yeah not Wossy whatever. I think we now have all the evidence we need.

BICS2007

Yes entry will be available on the door both days

best

Shane

Quote from: Emperor on 12 October, 2010, 03:09:02 PM
Events have conspired against me and it is unlikely that I'll be able to make it (there is a slim chance but I won't know until Friday), which is a pity as I was hoping to meet everyone. :(

If it all comes together it'll be a mad dash down on Saturday morning - will there be tickets for the day available on the door?

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 October, 2010, 04:42:43 PM

WRONG! He's a sentient cloud of purple nanobots which escaped from a CIA facility in 1997. He might be omniscient but he can't physically hold a ticket, hence no BICS.

satchmo

Ker-Bump!

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon folks if anyone's about! And this Wellington place sounds good... :)

Kev Levell

The Wellington is great. A little small perhaps, but well stocked with lovely Ales!

I won't be around Friday night, but I will be floating, meandering and drifting around the BICS halls both days.

There might be copies of the Sci-Fi Art Now book available (that myself any many other board members contributed to) and if anyone was intending to buy a copy and wanted me to personally spoil theirs I'd be only too happy to. :D

uncle fester

Quote from: KevLev on 14 October, 2010, 10:41:07 AM
There might be copies of the Sci-Fi Art Now book available (that myself any many other board members contributed to) and if anyone was intending to buy a copy and wanted me to personally spoil theirs I'd be only too happy to. :D

Oh yes - I'd forgotten it was out! Hooray! Another reason to go to BICS! :)

Bolt-01