Main Menu

yoincks! followed closely by bah!

Started by judgefloyd, 20 April, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Not at all Jayzus that advice was most welcome! Swatted up on my company history already so just playing the waiting game now! And like wise, not a member of the forum I don't consider good friends!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 August, 2019, 06:03:55 PM
Not at all Jayzus that advice was most welcome! Swatted up on my company history already so just playing the waiting game now! And like wise, not a member of the forum I don't consider good friends!
Ah cool, glad to hear it. Give it loads and keep us posted.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

Good Luck Hawks. Had a few interviews a couple of years back and did some light reading on what those companies were about. They were amazed at basic facts I had at my fingertips and admitted some truly basic stuff they didn't know themselves. Little effort goes a long long way. Message ends!

Mardroid

Hope the interviews were fruitful Hawks.

Yoinks! I had a nice spicy naked burrito* for lunch at work. Tasty meat (chicken or possibly pork) with rice, veg (peppers), beans, guacamole**, sour cream and jalapeño chillies in a spicy salsa sauce. Lovely.

Bah! My guts rebelled later. It could have been the tea and the chocolate thing I had at Costa on the way home (wouldn't be the first time I got a belly pain after going to such places but that's usually coffee related) but in this case I think it was the spice. I usually cope okay but jalapeños*** AND a spicy sauce might have been overdoing it. 🤪

I don't feel too bad now, but... yuck.

Hungry again now so I'm having a bit of dinner. Probably should give my belly a rest but...

*'Naked' cos it didn't come wrapped in that flat pancake type stuff**. It came with plenty of Mexican style rice, so I figured that would do on the carbs front,

** I know all the correct Spanish words as you can see.

*** Fascinated how my spellchecker adds the tilde symbol over the 'n' in 'jalapeno'. Heh. Doesn't do it if I use quotes.

Dandontdare

I've just saved over £85 in the 2000ad shop using that subscriber discount .... but I've just blown over £85 on comics.

Not sure whether to be pleased with myself or ashamed!  :lol:

Hawkmumbler

More of a Bah followed by Yoinks! but...

Bah! Didn't get one of the jobs I went for last week, onwards and all that....

Yoinks! Got second place in candidate position out of 40 for one role so not bad going, and theirs always the other company to wait on...

TordelBack

Drokkin' A, Hawkie! Per ardua, ad astra!

(In the original non-airforce-motto sense).

On a similar yoincks/bah vibe, just had a bizarre job meeting where a (very respctable) company appeared to be throwing work at me with an almost pleading tone. So much so that I quoted them a stupidly high hourly rate and then left the building thinking I've stuffed it up completely by looking like a stunned (and greedy) fish after the first 20 minutes...

Ah well, we'll see.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 September, 2019, 12:10:13 PM
More of a Bah followed by Yoinks! but...

Bah! Didn't get one of the jobs I went for last week, onwards and all that....

Yoinks! Got second place in candidate position out of 40 for one role so not bad going, and theirs always the other company to wait on...

Jez getting a job is such a lottery. Getting 2nd out of 40 gives you should a good start going forward. Get feedback, listen to the feedback. Not let it dominate but don't let the feedback but just 'They had more experience' asked them how they expressed it, what they showed and learn. You must have an excellent platform to build from but they way to do that is always listen to the folks as they should give you the time if you have done well.

JayzusB.Christ

Good stuff, Hawkster, and Tordels too.  Keeping my tentacles crossed for you both.

More a 'bah; yoincks!' for me too - I get a hospital bill for my recent accident for €412; of which my health insurance would only cover a fraction, with a holiday coming up in two weeks.  I withdraw a sizeable amount from my meagre emergency fund.

On calling the hospital, it turns out that €312 of that would only apply if I'd made a successful claim against another driver. There was no other driver involved so it's only the hundred. I have absolutely no clue as to how any of this makes sense, but, well, yoincks,  I suppose.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 10 September, 2019, 10:51:28 PM
I get a hospital bill for my recent accident for €412; of which my health insurance would only cover a fraction

Let's take my embarrassment at the depths of my own ignorance as read and proceed directly to you what?!

I realise we went our separate ways long before the Beveridge Report, but you fellas copied iPlayer and Britain's Got Talent and never got round to universal health care?

Font of all knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

maryanddavid

I love this little country, but the healthcare is far too complicated.
I pay private health insurance, have done or the last twenty years, wouldn't be without it. Half is paid by work.

So the last two days I have had two of the kids at the Doc, €50 a pop. I can claim 20 from insurance, and then claim the balance from tax at the end of the year, ending at the visit costing somewhere around 25 euro.
Flip side is both appointments were made at 8.30, the were 'squeezed in' at nine by a great doc.

Hospitals are the same, there is a fee for A&E, and they are just mental, but in my experience once you get past the chaos that is the admission, the system, it works well. The whole private consultants working in public hospitals needs to be changed and GP referral's given more weight, eg, if I present to the hospital with a letter from the GP saying I need an Xray for a suspected sprained ankle, why do I need to be triaged, wait for a doctor, wait for the radiologist etc etc etc. AGGHG!
Anyway rant over! Back to comics.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Frank on 10 September, 2019, 11:17:14 PM
I get a hospital bill for my recent accident for €412; of which my health insurance would only cover a fraction

Let's take my embarrassment at the depths of my own ignorance as read and proceed directly to you what?!

I realise we went our separate ways long before the Beveridge Report, but you fellas copied iPlayer and Britain's Got Talent and never got round to universal health care?

Font of all knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

'Fraid not. There's a medical card for if you're below a certain income threshold, but unless you're filthy rich it's either health insurance or cooking meth.

Don't let the bastards take yours away from you.

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 September, 2019, 08:13:42 AM
Quote from: Frank on 10 September, 2019, 11:17:14 PM

'Fraid not. There's a medical card for if you're below a certain income threshold, but unless you're filthy rich it's either health insurance or cooking meth.

Don't let the bastards take yours away from you.

In fairness there are caps for fees for most services in the public system - no-one's going be hit with anything like the full cost for major treatments or hospital stays (max about €1000 a year, I think). But at the GP/minor injury outpatient/prescription level the numbers can get annoyingly- if not bankrupty- large.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 September, 2019, 02:21:47 PM

In fairness there are caps for fees for most services in the public system - no-one's going be hit with anything like the full cost for major treatments or hospital stays (max about €1000 a year, I think). .

Well, I never knew that.