Main Menu

‘Dark Judges’ Online Miniseries

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 October, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

Quote from: blackmocco on 30 October, 2014, 06:12:48 PMMake of this what you will, maybe it's just by remarkable coincidence, but we received a (very polite, I might add) communique from the fine folks at 2000AD last week asking us to change the wording of our disclaimer for our animated project so it's very clear indeed none of what we end up with is remotely endorsed or approved by 2000AD or Rebellion. Can't say I blame them.

And funnily enough, Shankar practically fell over himself in his intro video to make that exact same message regarding his own project very clear indeed, which kinda backs up my feeling, as intimated earlier, that no involvement is not necessarily the same thing as no communication or awareness on Rebellion's part.

Theblazeuk

It was very clear this wasn't endorsed or official Dredd material.

I think everyone is just being a bit precious to be honest... as though this is somehow undermining how excellent the fan created stuff has been, because it's higher profile based on the people involved. Fair enough that you don't like it, but why can't why can't those who didn't enjoy it accept that others liked it? No need to paint it as some kind of insult to the source material.

QuoteI think the fact that nobody in Rebellion, or any of the creators of Dredd, have not expressed an opinion on this cartoon should tell you all you need to know.

:-* Not nobody in rebellion didn't not express no opinion?

Though I imagine there's just a extraneous not in there.

All of this said I think it's a testament to just how bloody good Dredd was since everyone agreed that it's mint :)

Noisybast

I think it's probably a mistake to make any assumptions on Rebellion's behalf. For my money, it's a bit, er, IDW.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Toni Scandella

It's nice to see the rich standing up for themselves and rebelling against the man, though, by producing movies and being shit at putting eyeliner on.

Dudley

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 30 October, 2014, 04:52:51 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 30 October, 2014, 03:53:04 PM
Well, he comes across as a complete narcissist although that description and movie producer usually go together like bread and butter.

And this line..

"It's all right. I'm 29 years old, I've made 10 movies, whatever."

....is typical of many producers.  YOU made those movies did you?  YOU?  No, the crew make movies, you promote, and make noise ABOUT those movies.  A change of producer would mean no real difference to the artistic value of a decent film, so it doesn't really matter who they are.  Which is unfortunately why just about anyone with a fistful of cash can become a producer.

Arf!  I know a couple of producers: they most certainly do make a difference to their projects.  As do most people involved.

Steve Green

I'd say that Andrew MacDonald and Allon Reich were a lot more visible promoting Dredd.

I'd also say that Adi is credited as an exec producer on Dredd and other features which (As I understand it) is a different role, more to do with finance.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 02 November, 2014, 06:50:17 PM
I'd say that Andrew MacDonald and Allon Reich were a lot more visible promoting Dredd.

I'd also say that Adi is credited as an exec producer on Dredd and other features which (As I understand it) is a different role, more to do with finance.

It's rare to have Exec Producers raising their heads above the parapet as they are involved more with the business than the art of film-making so they aren't exactly the 'faces' of the film during promotion. Of the 3 or 4 Exec Producers on the film, Adi Shankar was really the only one who promoted the fact - his first public participation was when he conducted his reddit Q&A after the successful home-video release of Dredd (he wasn't even associated much with Dirty Laundry since it was promoted by Tom Jane as his personal project):

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1am57s/i_am_adi_shankar_producer_of_the_grey_dredd/

ABCwarBOT

Just had a looksee at the last 3 episodes.    I'm a bit lost for fucking words and can't make my mind up if it has any redeeming features.

Maybe interesting to watch but godawful at the same time.

Apestrife

Anyone who found some list over the music used in it?

Bat King

I am interviewing the guys who made it soon hopefully. I can ask that if no one has the answer.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Apestrife

Quote from: Bat King on 28 November, 2014, 07:42:01 AM
I am interviewing the guys who made it soon hopefully. I can ask that if no one has the answer.

I'v found the artists and titles in the last vid.

http://youtu.be/ejCb1BMVobA at 6:11.

I wonder what song is played in the concert in episode 3. Great song, wish I could find it. I think it's Bryce Vine.