Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjobs67

Gin+ Juice and high grade weed!! The stuff u get from Moss Side. Claremont Rd. Brapp, Brapp. Lol. x
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 11 February, 2012, 10:31:44 PM
Gin+ Juice and high grade weed!! The stuff u get from Moss Side. Claremont Rd. Brapp, Brapp. Lol. x
:lol:

Misanthrope

QuoteBrapp, Brapp

That is a bad case of wind you have there.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

bigjobs67

It B the stuff! High Grade! Offa  my mate CoCo. I'm Rick James Bitch!!! Lol
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Gonk

Quote from: radiator on 11 February, 2012, 07:19:18 PM
QuoteThat's just the sort of OTT, tongue placed firmly in cheek, Dredd/Mega City One we all know and love. It seems the film is staying close to the spirit of the comic.

Hard to say. From what I've seen/heard, it looks like the humour will be blacker and less whimsical than the comics - more Verhoeven than Wagner. There definitely is humour in the script, despite what many people say - but it's very dry and perhaps doesn't read that funny on the page - there's one or two scenes that should get a big laugh in the cinema provided they're handled well. I should stress again that I've only read the first 12 or so pages of the script so I'm speculating.

Dredd's dialogue - what I read of it - is spot on Wagner though; gruff, terse, cynical - note perfect. He sure as shit ain't gonna be getting all teared up in the locker room about his poor old bro - "I judged him"....

I see what you mean looking at these latest leaks, mean as hell and looking short on humour. Must say, you expect some gallows humour with Dredd.

I hope no heads will roll over these exclusives because it's wetting my appetite for the film. Don't know what people are complaining about, these little tidbits don't give much away, if anything they're making us more uncertain what to expect.

Bigjobs, I think Roger's the teabagger.
coming at a cinema near you soon

JOE SOAP

Quote from: wonkychop on 11 February, 2012, 11:02:07 PMBigjobs, I think Roger's the teabagger.

Rog may like a good face-brew now'n then but he's not the tea-bagger, different context.

Gonk

Thanks Joe, I wouldn't know anyway. :lol:

blackmocco

A huge part of me says I should be disappointed the vehicles look twenty years old for a story that's supposedly set in the near-future but it really is evoking the first Mad Max/Escape From New York for me and it all works in my head when I think about it. Great stuff. Going to be a real interesting take on Dredd. Might be too stripped-down for the die-hard fans.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Gonk

Who knows? We haven't seen enough to make any final "judgements". It looks like it may be a film that could capture the current zietgeist.

dweezil2

Quote from: blackmocco on 11 February, 2012, 11:16:29 PM
A huge part of me says I should be disappointed the vehicles look twenty years old for a story that's supposedly set in the near-future but it really is evoking the first Mad Max/Escape From New York for me and it all works in my head when I think about it. Great stuff. Going to be a real interesting take on Dredd. Might be too stripped-down for the die-hard fans.

Well I consider myself a die-hard fan and what I've seen so far looks fookin' great!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JOE SOAP

Once justice is being done any misgivings will soon be washed away. It looks future and utilitarian enough  for me.

On a side note, the 1981 novelisation of Escape from New York has a bit of backstory that's very reminiscent of the Judges and their takeover. In it the USPF (United States Police Force) assume control of America after economic collapse and WWIII. With so much crime and little money, the country didn't have the machinery to deal with a legal system. There are no more trials and they have the power of Judge, Jury & Executioner.

Gonk

Does this make them fascists?

JOE SOAP

They still have elections but when did that ever matter.

blackmocco

Just to be clear: I'm not bagging on anything we've seen so far. Apologies if that's how my post read. On the contrary, I love the choices they've made so far. Seeing a glimpse of the lawmaster in that chase clip gave me goosebumps. Very excited to see how this turns out.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Could be a spoiler in that .GIF

[spoiler]Isn't the Death sentence mainly reserved for Judge killers? The summary execution shown could be that sentence being carried out. Is yer man a Judge killer?[/spoiler]

It depends on how faithful they're being to the Dreddverse legal system.

Regardless, it looks pretty sweet, the most exciting titbit I've seen so far.
You may quote me on that.