Main Menu

Incredibles DVD

Started by Noisybast, 17 March, 2005, 10:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

I've received Tharg's cunting electronic filth. The current fine-print when giving Tharg your email addy reads thus:

Your details will be kept in a database and added to a 2000AD promotional email list. You will have the option to refuse further emails by following a customised link at the bottom of each one

Did Tharg bother to inform those who had already registered that he had become a whore?

There is a link at the bottom of the email which hopefully will end the spam, and not lead to a hundred times more. We'll see.

Quirkafleeg

Mr Molcher you have won a free holiday! Please come to our demonstration on ...

Wils

Heh. He'd be a 419er's wet dream.

Dear friend Michael

We thank you from the hearts of our mother that you have agreed to help us reclaim $142000000000 (one hundred forty two billion US dollars)of money that was my father's (Dr King Professor Richard Ompopo) that is currently being held by the government of Tongo.

Please now send us all your bank details and birth certificate and be arranging to meet our representative in Amsterdam as soon as possible.

I swear on the life of my twenty mothers and ninety seven children that we will not empty your account of money or kidnap you and slice your genitals off with a rusty baked bean can.

As a token of my trust, be find attaching a photograph of myself with a loaf of bread on my head.

Hearing from you soon.

Your friend and brother
Arch Deacon Phillip Mugu (Mrs)

Banners

I never got sent this (although it may have got lost in amongst my other 5000 spam-a-day), but to play Devil's Advocate...

If doing this gets a bit of money into Tharg's coffers which in turn helps 2Thou get in a few more P14 strips, or tempt an A-List artist back from the US for a stint, isn't it worth all the effort of pressing the Delete key?

M@

paulvonscott

Mbanners

Not when it's worded the way it is.  I think it should be made more obvious what exactly the deal is here.  If you don't notice the small print warning bevore clicking on the intro image, then it's not really made obvious.  I didn't notice it, but I decided to read through that small print to see if there WAS a catch.

If you think it's fine for 2000AD to make a bit more money by helping to trick it's readers into signing up to an 18 month contract to buy dvd's worth probably about ?100, then fine.

longmanshort

Harsh Lessons in Life #1,293

You can't even trust promotions by The Mighty One

My child-like innocence and faith in humankind has been shattered.

Now ... where's that sniper's rifle and map of the town centre?

:(
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

The Monarch

So uh to change the subject to be slightly happier have anyone else found the easter eggs?

Conexus

yes, under the stairs in the cupboard, same place mum stashes them every year ;)

Max Kon

Thank Rigell (as in hotshot) I didn't sign up.

Thargs words:

BORAG THUNGG, EARTHLETS!
I am Tharg The Mighty ? alien editor of 2000 AD, the Galaxy?s Greatest Comic ? and I write to you with this zarjaz offer! You can purchase the ghafflebette Pixar superhero movie The Incredibles on DVD for just ?2.99 (Earth money) by following the link below. It couldn?t be simpler, so don?t delay, Terrans -  take advantage of this seriously scrotnig opportunity today!

SPLUNDIG VUR THRIGG

ming

I only found one on disc 1, and about a million on disc 2 (which isn't hard as they are all in the same place on the different menu screens).

I liked dancing Mr. Incredible best, I think.

Best extra: Jack Jack Attack, without a doubt.  Flame on!

opaque

My email went straight into the Junk Mail folder which normal 2000ad messages don't.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Amstor Computer

Hm. I didn't even get one, and now I feel left out of the outrage :-)

To be honest, I think I'd be more pissed off that this mailing list was being used to promote shit "offers" like this, and not to actually promote 2000AD products. Anyone got any email about the Black Flame books? The trades? Bobbleheads? T-shirts?

Bolt-01

Mine went in the spam folder. Bad Tharg.

Bolt-01

Richmond Clements

Yup, it landed in the spam, but I only opened it because Tharg sent it.
Still deleted it at once though.