Main Menu

Prog 2369 - Turning the World Upside Down

Started by Barrington Boots, 12 February, 2024, 10:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Rogue Trooper on 25 February, 2024, 06:24:41 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 25 February, 2024, 08:23:01 AMI think the main motivation for these particular panels (broken leg, noosed naked woman, face punches) is more homage to Hammer/giallo films myself, rather than storytelling, or getting in the victim's head. They're all from the perspective of the aggressor, or a voyeur, rather than the victim and are intended to be fetishtic.

Ah, we're just reading it differently. Fair enough.

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 February, 2024, 05:17:27 PMSorry if I'm being thick, but in this particular universe, is Johnny Depth an actor but Patrick Bateman a real person, albeit one who looks like the Christian Bale of our universe?
That's my reading of it, yes. (Clive Vista looks like someone famous, as well, but I can't place it.)

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 February, 2024, 05:17:27 PMAlso, because I can't really remember the details of the last few stories, us there a reason why Tyranny Rex looks way more alien than she used to?
No reason given - it looks like a character redesign. We last saw her in prog 2270 - with yellow eyes and some cranial ridges (or perhaps green dreads). Before that she seemed more like a normal humanoid but with a big lizard tail. (Given the milieu, this could be an alt-Rex, of course.)

Thanks! I was wondering.  I would have thought Bateman was a copyrighted character, though I suppose they haven't given his full name yet.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"