Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

>He does look a lot like Ellis going to a fancy dress contest as D'israeli, doesn't he?

Or a long lost Mitchell brother. Or a balder version of me with more piggy eyes.

DavidXBrunt

Or how you'd imagine the writer who thought up the Mitchels would look.

Quirkafleeg

I notice he's won 'Writers of the Future'... that's the Scientology sponsered thing no normal person would touch with a ten foot pole.

Art

I saw a copy of it in a local bookshop, it just looked like a fairly innocent short story compilation to me.

(oh, and I picked up THE BEAST by Peter Benchly for 25c. He's DEAD you know...)

The Amstor Computer

The Beast? Pah, you want to get your mitts on White Shark - beware the Nazi shark supersoldier!

Quirkafleeg

White Shark rocks... and I've read the Beast three times (never read Jaws oddly enough). I would really recommend Lush (Rummies in yankland) if you ever see it

Art

Hey, this is some shop where you plonk your cash in a jar and take your item - it's not Amazon you know.

The Amstor Computer

I read Jaws only after years of watching the movie. Quite pleasantly surprised by it, though needless to say a certain scene near the end between a couple of the main characters had me going "WTF?". IIRC, it was inserted at the request of the publisher & it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Art

Brokeback Schooner!

GordonR

"I notice he's won 'Writers of the Future'... that's the Scientology sponsered thing no normal person would touch with a ten foot pole."

Hahahaha.   This just gets better and better.

DavidXBrunt

PECIAL STREET TEAM PRIZE

For the person who provides the best picture evidence of their efforts to terrorize the world with von Carsteins there will be a nifty little prize.
I have had 10 numbered and unique mugs made, with art work, signed by me - collectors items.
Best picture to prove your dedication wins one of these.

So what are you waiting for?

Dudley

What can YOU get out of joining the Vampire Street Team?
*Rewards include unpublished stories that will ONLY be available to Street Team members, badges, bookmarks, and other free merchandise.

What do YOU have to do to earn these unique rewards?
* Call in to your local bookstore/game store and suggest they set up a signing session or reading  
* Bring friends to the signing sessions & readings when they are in your town
* Convincing friends and people you believe might enjoy the books to buy them
* Put the books face out in your local bookstores so people can see them
* Put up posters in your city centre that you can download from the e-free section of the website
* Post to science fiction, fantasy and horror forums and related message boards online to get a buzz going
* Including links to this website as well as to Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other online bookstores in the signature section of your emails
* Encourage people in your local Roleplaying and Warhammer clubs to visit the website, join the mailing list and even join the street team
* Just about anything else you can think of to get the name of the book out there and promote sales

Go, Vampire Street Team!  You could have all sorts of whacky adventures along the way!  Eventually being turned into a Cartoon Network series!!!

House of Usher

You see, Gary - I told you that goth kids who *really* think they're vampires read too much and listen to music too little. Why, I bet they read Steven Savile too.
STRIKE !!!

GordonR

It's like the Mooneys, isn't it?  

Tell all your friends, harrass them into buying my books, pester lowly-paid people who work in bookshops, go down to your local wargames club and talk loudly about me until they ask you to leave.

It's a difficult choice (Just narrowly edging out the 'go into bookshops and turn my books face-out on the shelf' bit) , but I think I like this part the best:

"*Rewards include unpublished stories that will ONLY be available to Street Team members."

Translation: you get to read tat I haven't been able to sell to any publishers.

johnnystress

Now Don Knotts has joined in the fun!

:(

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060225/ap_on_en_tv/obit_knotts" target="_blank">Don Knotts dead