Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Sad to hear that Jared.
My Dad died very suddenly 15 years ago, and my Mum soon after. It's a terribly sad and hard thing but I found the happy memories helped me through.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Peter Wolf

Sorry to hear that Jared.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Thoughts with you Jared.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

My sincere condolences Jared, take care, Sir.

satchmo

I'm really sorry to hear that Jared. Take care mate.

JayzusB.Christ

Very sorry to hear that, Jared.  I hope you and your family are coping, though I know it must be very, very hard.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Noisybast

Shit, Jared. Not a lot I can add to what everyone else has said. Take care, man.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

TordelBack

Sorry to hear your sad news, Jared.  Sincerest sympathies to you and yours, sudden loss is its very own brand of nightmare.

Colin MacNeil

Sorry to hear of your loss, Jared.

"I would have you raise me; I can see the west then:
I would see the sun set once before I go."
So he lay a-gazing, seemed to be at rest then,
Quiet as a spirit in the golden glow.
So he lay a-watching rosy castles crumbling,
Moats of blind amber, bastions of flame,
Rugged rifts of opal, crimson turrets tumbling;
So he lay a-dreaming till the shadows came.

R.W.Service

COMMANDO FORCES

Justin Mentell aged 27.

Former BOSTON LEGAL actor JUSTIN MENTELL has died in a tragic car crash.
Mentell was not wearing a seatbelt when his jeep swerved off a road near Madison, Wisconsin and went down an embankment, smashing into two trees

SuperSurfer

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 February, 2010, 04:52:10 PM
Former BOSTON LEGAL actor JUSTIN MENTELL has died in a tragic car crash.
Mentell was not wearing a seatbelt when his jeep swerved off a road near Madison, Wisconsin and went down an embankment, smashing into two trees

Terrible. The brother in law of a colleague of my wife died in a car accident a few days ago in Mauritius. The car drove off the edge of a cliff!

SmallBlueThing

I've just caught up on this thread after some time away. Jared, I'm really sorry for your loss. I realise this is late, but I sincerely hope you and your family are coping.

SBT

Jared Katooie

Thanks for the kind words guys.

My family and I are doing OK at the moment. We're trying to stay as positive as possible, as my Dad would have wanted it that way.

Dad had a pretty dark sense of humour, so I'm sure he would have derived great amusement from all the mishaps that occurred during the funeral mass. Squeaking microphone, hiccuping baby, his hapless son not being told that he was supposed to bring the wine up to the altar etc. etc.

It's been hard, but I guess I'm going to be alright.

Mike Gloady

Good to hear. 

And just incase you're NOT alright at any point, having been in a very similar position only 4 months ago, I can say that sometimes, later, you might almost feel stupid for saying "I'm still having a hard time" so if you ARE, at any point, PM me. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

wild-seven

RIP Sir Johnny Dankworth
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow