Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Life doesn't always 'spug' (old word, new meaning there) and it's not always drokking fantastic, so I thought I'd start a new thread for anyone who wants to share stuff that's just sort of okay and makes life more agreeable without making you whoop for joy.

I'll start with:

Life's sometimes sort of okay because I watched Clerks II last night and I enjoyed it and didn't feel let down by it at all.
STRIKE !!!

Bouwel

What the Mary Whitehouse Experience alway used to call feeling a bit 'Meh'.

Saying that i feel fine today!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

My 12-year old telly finally died tonight.  But it did so in the middle of No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, so you can see how I'm ambivalent.

Roger Godpleton

The new series of The Apprentice starts this week. It does annoy me when people act like it's not just as retarded as X-Factor et al but it will be ok to have on in the background.

Roger Godpleton

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... ab-flavour

Was going to complain but then I recognized it's value as something for me to feel superior about.

House of Usher

Watching Young Frankenstein last night I recognized the monster as played by the same actor as Frank Barone in Everybody Loves Raymond (Peter Boyle). That was pretty cool. I may have spotted it before but if I have I'd definitely forgotten it before last night.
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

I just read All Star Superman 1+2 and it was quite alright.

A mate has fobbed off a big Akira; The Beginning comicbook, onto me and on seeing the first few pages, I am erectilus attentus. He's very good, I have to force myself to put it down.

I watched the Watchmen and got a fab t-shirt, and some pants. The sun is out but I'm working on one last entry for the art comp here.

Life really is sometimes sort of okay.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

JayzusB.Christ

I've just complained to my broadband provider about an ongoing billing error and got a second free month off them.
I've learned how to use my iPod properly (yep, I'm old).
I learned how to play the harmonica properly too last month after owning one for 13 years.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Old Tankie

........Computer game designed by my son won a Bafta this month!!  I'm bathing in reflected glory here!!  (Sad, I know)

Tweak72

Quote from: "Old Tankie"........Computer game designed by my son won a Bafta this month!!  I'm bathing in reflected glory here!!  (Sad, I know)

???
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Peter Wolf

because its not always awful or fun and games and parties all the time.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

... I just had a really nice cup of coffee, which takes the edge off the mountainous spreadsheet of horror that seems to be eating my sleep-time tonight.  If I wasn't on a late night budget grind, I wouldn't have had the coffee, and it was really nice.  In this way I have brought balance to the Force, without all that unnecessary lava and heavy breathing.

SuperSurfer

I spent £2 on the Lottery and won £10. That is okay.

Peter Wolf

I just found a copy of the first Dream Academy lp for £1 in the local charity shop.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death