Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

My parents have had their first vaccination jab.  A massive weight off my mind there, I must say, and I'll soon be able to visit them again.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 March, 2021, 12:10:18 PM
My parents have had their first vaccination jab.  A massive weight off my mind there, I must say, and I'll soon be able to visit them again.

That's good news.
It was a huge relief when my fairly elderly father-in-law received his 2nd jab recently.
I think my Mam is due hers in about 3-4 weeks, and after that I'll be able to drop to yellow alert mentally.

paddykafka

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 March, 2021, 12:10:18 PM

Glad to hear your good news, Jayzus.

JayzusB.Christ

Thank you, guys, and I'm glad to hear your good news too, Link.

My parents and my brother have been vaccinated now.  It kind of brings home to me the fact that this won't be forever - things are still shite, of course, but we've passed the halfway point in the woods.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 November, 2020, 11:13:29 PM
Traps are all empty this evening.  I don't want to jinx it, but maybe, just maybe, I've won this freakin' war.

Talking of rats - something made off with one of our duck's chicken eggs. Y'see, the young 'un wanted to carry out an experiment so they borrowed a chicken egg (from under a chicken), took it home and put it under one of the ducks.

Next day: much distressed quacking in the yard and a smashed egg far from the nest. I've made a short list of the possible culprits:

- A trash panda (aka raccoon)
- Cunning squirrels
- Next door's rats
- The ducks themselves!
- I say, I say - a chicken-hawk.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You have failed to take ornithology obsessed ninjas into account.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Our campsite's finally open again and filling up with people. I'd almost forgotten what children's laughter sounds like.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Good stuff; it's really encouraging to hear that there's an end in sight.  Me, I'm longing for lockdown to end for exactly the opposite reason - families can't go to the pub, restaurants or shops, so they come here to the canal towpath instead to look at nature and the boats here.  Can't blame them for that, but the latter involves talking loudly and staring in my window.  Obviously they have every right to do what they're doing, but I miss the quiet times.

The Legendary Shark

Staring into your windows is such bad manners. When I lived on the marina, several people used to hate it - one so much that he had a collection of sex toys nailed to a shelf which he put into position whenever he was moored on the towpath.

My dog's not happy - he's had the site more or less all to himself for a year and now his territory's been invaded. He'll get over it when somebody gives him a surplus sausage, though :D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 April, 2021, 04:34:11 PM

Staring into your windows is such bad manners. When I lived on the marina, several people used to hate it - one so much that he had a collection of sex toys nailed to a shelf which he put into position whenever he was moored on the towpath.

Now we're talking!

paddykafka

Of course, you could always go down the Norman Bate's road.

Henceforth, anyone looking in, will only see and hear a silhouette of an old woman in a wheel-chair, admonishing you for your terrible lifestyle choices.

JayzusB.Christ