Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Got a £5 giftcard from management for being a good worker. Spent it on booze today. Drank booze.

Went to library afterwards. Douchebag with long hair looks at me like I am moron. Possibly because I was looking at funnybooks. Saw what he was looking at. Turns out he is looking at modern-era Dr Who 2k novels. That is just so fucking sophisticated. He leaves library. I head over to words section away from ghettoised sci-fi shelves. Meet up with old friends Margaret Atwood, Paul Auster, Umberto Eco and Thomas Pynchon and take them home with me. I beat you, weirdo with long hair. I also got out the Guy Delisle books I haven't read yet. He is quickly becoming favourite of mine. I win. I. Win.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

SamuelAWilkinson

Rorschach's Journal, March 30th 2009:

QuoteWent to library afterwards. Douchebag with long hair looks at me like I am moron. Possibly because I was looking at funnybooks. Saw what he was looking at. Turns out he is looking at modern-era Dr Who 2k novels. That is just so fucking sophisticated. He leaves library. I head over to words section away from ghettoised sci-fi shelves. Meet up with old friends Margaret Atwood, Paul Auster, Umberto Eco and Thomas Pynchon and take them home with me. I beat you, weirdo with long hair. I also got out the Guy Delisle books I haven't read yet. He is quickly becoming favourite of mine. I win. I. Win.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"Rorschach's Journal, March 30th 2009:

QuoteWent to library afterwards. Douchebag with long hair looks at me like I am moron. Possibly because I was looking at funnybooks. Saw what he was looking at. Turns out he is looking at modern-era Dr Who 2k novels. That is just so fucking sophisticated. He leaves library. I head over to words section away from ghettoised sci-fi shelves. Meet up with old friends Margaret Atwood, Paul Auster, Umberto Eco and Thomas Pynchon and take them home with me. I beat you, weirdo with long hair. I also got out the Guy Delisle books I haven't read yet. He is quickly becoming favourite of mine. I win. I. Win.

As the youngsters say- LOL!

Roger Godpleton

Bouwel

QuoteRorschach's Journal, March 30th 2009:

Pure class :)

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Proudhuff

This post was made by peterwolf who is currently on your ignore list. :D
DDT did a job on me

House of Usher

I saw Day Watch last night within a week of having seen Night Watch; I enjoyed both, and I thought Day Watch was by far the better of the two.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

The Phil Spector trial is over. He goin' to jail.

JayzusB.Christ

I'd been looking for a pump for my bike, some walking boots and a speaker system for my computer and iPod. I found the lot in Lidl on Friday, as well as a stunt kite and a pizza, for under 50 euro.  The speaker system kicks bottom, I climbed a mountain today, and it's nice to fly a kite for the first time in about 25 years.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Devons Daddy

i spent the weekend easter (long weekend)in indonesia, Batam,
two wins,
one i was off for easter, a rare thing in my business.
two we stayed in a rather swish resort hotel, as you do, they gave us a room with a private walkway to the poolside.

yes life seemed ok this weekend.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

TordelBack

...the contractors didn't show up at the site I was supposed to be working on at 7am, so I'm back sitting at my kitchen table drinking a nice espresso and marveling that the internet appears to work for a change, and wondering which of a dozen overdue projects I should tackle with my 'free' morning.

stacey

I'm not back at work until tomorrow.  Tis a nice feeling.

House of Usher

I'm back at work tomorrow, and then not again until Saturday morning, then not again until next Tuesday. And my Roman city reached the desired 8,000 population to complete the level on Caesar III!
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

I start an OU course soon. Will I find my true calling or is this more evasion from the real world? Only time will tell...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "stacey"I'm not back at work until tomorrow.  Tis a nice feeling.

I too have an extra day off work. However, it's the result of a fairly vile stomach bug, so the feeling is not so nice. :-(

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.