Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

As the "election" is coming up, when we'll all be asked to vote on the people the Power Elite tell us to vote for, I thought we might as well have a political thread for this and other political comments.

I'll kick off by posting this here:

"Dear friends,

Take a look at this: http://www.38degrees.org.uk/clean-up-lobbying

I've just emailed my local election candidates to demand that they support new rules to ban secret lobbying to help clean up politics.

Whether it's tobacco advertising, arms deals, GM food, or airport expansion, companies pay people to try to influence government. We've got a right to know what they're doing, especially when its our prospective MPs who are working as lobbyists.

Please email your candidates now and ask them to commit to lobbying transparency, it only takes two minutes: http://www.38degrees.org.uk/clean-up-lobbying

Thanks,"
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

I'm glad there are people like you who still give a damn about politics, because I no longer have the energy for it. I was very interested and involved in politics from the age of 13 right up until the 1997 general election, in which I voted for a party other than Labour, such was my disgust at what the Labour Party had become. From that day on my involvement in politics has been minimal, amounting to no more than voting whenever the opportunity arises, and activism against the imposition of Controlled Parking across my whole neighbourhood by the City Council.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Now is the time for us to take Parliament back.

It is our right and our duty to do all we can to leave behind an honest and decent society for future generations. History may only record the names of Kings and Lords and Presidents, but it's the unnamed millions who fuel it. One small person can't do it all, but all people can do one small thing. To vote is one small thing. To fight against controlled parking is one small thing. To post here is one small thing.

I don't need to say any more, you know exactly where I'm going with this.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

I am voting for an independent party which is going to be UKIP as i refuse to vote for a the main three co-opted parties so therefore i dont sanction their sham and illusion of choice.

David Cameron isnt the answer as its just more vague and abstract "change" which translated means more of the same shit.David Cameron is a traitor and a fifth columnist who works for globalists and foreign interests and does not in any way represent the United Kingdom or its people or their interests.David Cameron and George Osborne are both Bilderberg attendees and is the next pre- selected UK prime minister.David Cameron will not take us out of the EU and therefore out of the hands of foreign offshore bankers and Globalists and the IMF.You might think he is alright now when he is in opposition but just you wait and see.......

He is bought and paid for and this is how this sham of a democracy in this country is perpetuated.George Osborne and David Cameron both have well known connections to Rothschilds just like Mandelslime.

I have to also call into question the mentality or intelligence of anyone who votes for New Labour.

Lib Dems.I dont know about them but i wouldnt vote for them as they are weak and will just go with the flow and do what they are told.

Voting for an independent party is the only option left to at least make a statement otherwise i am not actually sure what the point of this election is other than to create the illusion that your vote means anything at all when in fact it doesnt.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Trout

*sigh*

Do we have to do this here?

Peter Wolf

What just my comment or the entire thread ?

As a compromise just for you i deleted the final sentence but the rest stays as there is nothing offensive or incorrect about it.I was asked what i thought in a thread about the upcoming election and this is what i think.

HOO-HAA

I'm an anarchist (without adjective) so politics, for me, is a huge big white elephant. It's like a posh form of gang warfare. I see nothing that government does that could not be done better, more efficiently and more honestly by you and me.

I wish everyone who continues to seek answers through organised politics all the very best. Me? I'll be spoiling my vote this year, as I did the year before. And I'll be having fun with my spoil :)   

Trout

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular. The thread's in the off-topic section, so I'll just ignore it.

- Trout

Peter Wolf

Thats alright then.I have already moderated my own comments today on the other thread out of consideration for the board.

Other than that there isnt much else i can do.

TordelBack

I hear ya Trouty, but surely if there is a dedicated thread maybe it'll suck the poison out of other threads... a bit like the Life Spugs and Minor Impediments thread, a one-stop shop for a specific type  of moaning.  As you were...

Jared Katooie

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 09 April, 2010, 06:15:58 PM
I'm an anarchist (without adjective) so politics, for me, is a huge big white elephant. It's like a posh form of gang warfare. I see nothing that government does that could not be done better, more efficiently and more honestly by you and me.

I wish everyone who continues to seek answers through organised politics all the very best. Me? I'll be spoiling my vote this year, as I did the year before. And I'll be having fun with my spoil :)   

What's the point? They'll just throw it in the bin.

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 09 April, 2010, 07:48:49 PM
Quote from: HOO-HAA on 09 April, 2010, 06:15:58 PM

What's the point? They'll just throw it in the bin.

You're probably right, but there's two reasons I persist:

1) It gives me a smile and, quite possibly, the poor fecker counting the votes.
2) If everyone who doesn't normally vote (over 33% of Northern Ireland, for example) decided to spoil their vote, instead, it would send out one hell of a message.

johnnystress

Although spoiling your vote may seem like a waste of time one reason for doing so, if you have no preference is that it will be counted- in as far as calculating the number of people who came out to vote

In Ireland we had to redo a referendum (it's a national pass-time here) because it was deemed that too few people came out to vote. Had more people made their mark-even by drawing willies on the ballot form, the results of the yes and no votes would have stood....

I think

...these things tend to get complicated

Robin Low

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 09 April, 2010, 08:21:04 PM2) If everyone who doesn't normally vote (over 33% of Northern Ireland, for example) decided to spoil their vote, instead, it would send out one hell of a message.

The only problem here is that a spoilt ballot paper could mean the voter is sending a message, but equally it could mean the voter is an incompetent tit. For that reason, I remain in favour of at least the option of 'None of the Above', but preferably 'Round them Up, Shoot them All'.

As a more general comment, perhaps it would be wiser of we kept our specific voting intentions to ourselves. For example, I consider UKIP to be a sickening bunch of filthy, small-minded, pig-ignorant racist bastards, intent on stirring up hostility and bigotry at every opportunity, and frankly no better than the BNP. I really don't need to know who here is planning on voting for them.

As another general comment, this will end in flames.

Regards

Robin

Martin Jameson

I'm voting Lib Dem simply because their leader is a Klegg. (Clegg is close enough)