Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Link Prime on 07 April, 2021, 11:41:52 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 April, 2021, 10:25:40 PM
I mean, did people realise that she wasn't REALLY Hilda?

Forget about that and answer one simple question; why did you let them capture Ragnar, you useless bastard?

:lol:

Well, a simple question deserves a simple answer:  He was long dead by the time I arrived in Kattegat, County Wicklow.  Also, depending on the day, I served King Harald, Bjorn or Ivar, so choosing sides got a bit complicated.

I do remember Alexander Ludwig accidentally dropping his towel once, and the extra sitting beside me trying to alert him by calling out 'BJORN! BJORN! BJORNIE, YOUR TOWEL!'
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tjm86

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 April, 2021, 10:57:17 PM

Stars. They're an odd bunch.

Puts me in mind of my experience with politicians.  Upset Nicholas Ridley when he was in the cabinet (this was about the time he was all over the news with some rather unpleasant comments about Germans ...)

He turns up at Brize one Sunday afternoon for a flight to Brussels.  Turns up on his tod and then gets really upset when I ask him for some identification ... "I'm the secretary of state for trade and industry!" ... "Thank you, can I see some identification please sir ..."  Not a happy bunny!

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 April, 2021, 11:57:37 PM
I do remember Alexander Ludwig accidentally dropping his towel once, and the extra sitting beside me trying to alert him by calling out 'BJORN! BJORN! BJORNIE, YOUR TOWEL!'

Brilliant.

I got pissed with some of the senior crew one night in the beer garden in The Harbour Bar (™ The best bar in the world), and they shared an amusing anecdote about Travis Fimmel; All cast and crew regularly received a bun and apple for their lunch break, and a horrible waste of good, natural food an amusing pattern developed over time wherein everyone would just chuck their apple on the ground and eat the bun.
One afternoon Ragnar decidedly to jokingly lob his apple at a group of extra's, but misjudged his own strength and skulled some poor young wan. She was ok though.

A few other harmless but less than savory stories shared also, nothing I can repeat unfortunately.
Skol.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 April, 2021, 11:34:32 PM
Heh.  Sounds a bit Hilda-ish alright. 

On a less impressive scale, I was doing a painting job in the city centre a couple of years ago and saw someone I knew on the street.  I opened my mouth to start talking but then realised I couldn't remember who he was.  He looked back at me equally confusedly, and then I realised I didn't know him at all, he was merely Todd Unctious from Father Ted, so I thought I'd better close my mouth and walk on.

Sounds like you made the right decision.

von Boom

There must be some scientific reason for how women remember dates men would never think about. I was 'informed' that today is the day I proposed to my missus. How do you survive this sort of thing?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 10 April, 2021, 08:04:40 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 April, 2021, 11:34:32 PM
Heh.  Sounds a bit Hilda-ish alright. 

On a less impressive scale, I was doing a painting job in the city centre a couple of years ago and saw someone I knew on the street.  I opened my mouth to start talking but then realised I couldn't remember who he was.  He looked back at me equally confusedly, and then I realised I didn't know him at all, he was merely Todd Unctious from Father Ted, so I thought I'd better close my mouth and walk on.

Sounds like you made the right decision.

Feck. He really is Todd Unctious, isn't he?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

BBC clickbait:

This made me think the answer was either "scantily-clad dancing in the sunshine", or perhaps observing said. Turns out it was an article on nostalgia. Clickbait ain't like it used to be.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

Quote from: von Boom on 10 April, 2021, 10:11:26 PM
There must be some scientific reason for how women remember dates men would never think about. I was 'informed' that today is the day I proposed to my missus. How do you survive this sort of thing?

You remember these dates by forgetting them once.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 April, 2021, 09:15:43 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 10 April, 2021, 10:11:26 PM

You remember these dates by forgetting them once.

At work I constantly have to ask people's date of birth for data protection - one chap, calling on behalf of his wife, couldn't remember her DOB and was forced to ask her ... she did not sound amused.

Not as bad as the banker who had to ask his PA to remind him of his children's birthdays though.

The Legendary Shark

I'm terrible with dates. I can only remember three birthdays - my own, my brother's and Jesus Christ's. And I'm pretty sure that last one's wrong.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Came across this fascinating article today. I can't see the Public Libraries here in the Emerald Isle using Curses as part of their own general, day-to-day operations anytime soon. But speaking personally, I might be tempted to try out the method, to guard my own modest library of books, comics, graphic novels etc.  :)

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/protect-your-library-the-medieval-way-with-horrifying-book-curses

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

I know that guy, he's very posh but didn't half swear as he jumped out of the window. All we did was ask him to deal with our crèche.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Well, I've just finished listening to the audiobook of Around the World in 80 Days and learned what everyone else seems to have known already: nobody in it travels in a balloon, or even sees one.

Mind you, I haven't been so nervous about the conclusion of a story since Supersurf 10.

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 19 April, 2021, 06:36:05 PM
Well, I've just finished listening to the audiobook of Around the World in 80 Days and learned what everyone else seems to have known already: nobody in it travels in a balloon, or even sees one.

Mind you, I haven't been so nervous about the conclusion of a story since Supersurf 10.

I had to check - so they added the balloon into the Disnae movie. So, if you were going to do a comic version, would you include the balloon or not?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++