Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

JayzusB.Christ

None taken whatsoever, in my case at least.  If it ground your gears, well, it ground your gears.  Just wanted to give some insight as someone who has some experience of being a Tesco shelf-stacker; doesn't mean you didn't have the right to feel how you felt.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

What Jayzus said. There have been many things over the years that have left me wondering about peoples behaviours.

The Legendary Shark

"When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surly. They are like this because they can't tell good from evil.

"But I have seen the beauty of good, and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own - not of the same blood and birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born to work together like feet, hands and eyes, like the two rows of teeth, upper and lower. To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these. are unnatural."

Marcus Aurelius,

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

...when someone I genuinely think is talented gets deliberately sidelined by people I think of as short-sighted, poorly organised and unwilling to learn.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

No, unfortunately. I shouldn't even have mentioned it, but sometimes getting a thought out of your head in whatever fashion can help.

I'd love to think that time will set this right, but unfortunately the world has far too many people who thrive by  taking the easy path of appeasing those with louder voices, rather than working to the greater good.

Thanks for asking though Shark, 'tis appreciated.

milstar

Quote from: judda fett on 12 April, 2014, 02:30:13 PM
People talking on the quiet carriage of the train, either on their phone or to each other. You've got the whole train to talk shite that I do not want to listen to and still feel obliged to do it on the one carriage of the train reserved for people who'd like to travel in peace. Arseholes.

Hahaha lol. I know I am late to the party, but it happened to me once. Both guys also walked in their socks, for example, to go to the toilet. Also, never heard so many F bombs in my life.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

radiator

NFTs.

Just thinking about the whole thing is enough to make me start hyperventialting.

This future we're living in is unfathomably stupid.

wedgeski

Quote from: radiator on 16 March, 2021, 04:09:04 PM
NFTs.

Just thinking about the whole thing is enough to make me start hyperventialting.

This future we're living in is unfathomably stupid.
Similar. On the one hand, artists are being paid, which I like. On the other hand, it's dumb.

Link Prime

Is it possible to damage a fingernail and tooth with the same un-shelled pistachio nut?

Can confirm.

The Doctor Alt 8

AAAAgggghhhh my bloody stupid and incompetent  Doctors surgery and chemists.... both giving me the run around AGAIN. Seems that every two months I am chasing them over some item or other missing from my mothers REGULAR ORDER. Shouldn't these items be issued automatically (Like some chemist adverts CLAIM they do?) So bloody annoying as it is frequently impossible to actually get hold of someone to speak to in the first place. Even the district nurses who come round twice a week complain at how bad it is to even contact the Doctors surgery for something. But even them don't seem to actually DO anything to help rectify the situation.

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 18 March, 2021, 04:44:52 PM
Is it possible to damage a fingernail and tooth with the same un-shelled pistachio nut?

Can confirm.

If I've damaged a body part on a pistachio I tend to throw that pistachio back.  Plenty more nuts in the sea.

Dandontdare

Sorry for your hassle doc - but remember people are often working under a shitty system so vent where appropriate, but take care not to take it out on some poor sod in the middle who isn't at fault (speaking as a customer service person  :)). And no, medication should never be issued automatically. Can't speak for the competence of your particular pharmacist, but the whole point is that a skilled human is doing it rather than a note in a computer file.

what's got me pissed off is the way that popular websites just insult our intelligence and talk to us like morons. And we just accept it. We know how to navigate their bullshit, so we just get on with it, but fuck you Netflix.

I just finished a re-watch of series 1 of Jessica Jones. Now I know that Netflix is going to throw the whole rest of that franchise at me in suggestions, I accept that, and it's helpful to some extent. So why do they shittily have to lie about it? Luke Cage is not the second "Most Popular on Netflix" and Daredevil is not "Trending Now".

And what do they suggest "Because you watched Marvel's Jessica Jones"? Defenders? Iron Fist? Any other Marvel/DC property? .
V wars
Warrior Nun
Kiss me First
Mortel

I mean what?

Funt Solo

The "continue watching" bucket is also fairly moronic. If I watched the first five minutes of a movie a week ago, and haven't turned it back on, it means I thought it was so shit I wasn't willing to watch any more. Also, just a "remove this from my continue watching bucket" button would be ... an element of control they don't want to provide to mere users.

The Netflix user interface is just such bullshit.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++