Main Menu

Objet de désir

Started by Link Prime, 27 September, 2018, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moly

Recently brought the strontium game with no chance of actually playing it with anyone, the caved and backed the woin judge dredd which I will also never play but the bo look so good

TordelBack

My fears as well.  Here's a thought though -  a gang of us here could use Fantasy Grounds (or similar) to play the Dredd RPG.  I know folk here have played Dredd games online before a good bit,  but it looks likely that at least one if the virtual tabletop services will support WOIN, which would simplify things.

And now I think of it,  there are simpler free platforms that you could use for Strontium Dog.

Leigh S

I do not understand your words Tordelback, but as a backer of WOIN Dredd, count me in if such a thing should be possible!

moly

tordelback sounds like a great idea

Link Prime

Bought that new 'Stranger Things' Lego set last night at around 1.00am.
It was 200 smackers, and I legit lost sleep due to buyers remorse.

Hawkmumbler

I forked out £150 for a Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus last night. Rent is due on Monday. I'm deep in remorse right now.

Tiplodocus

£100 for a board game? Does Kurt Russell personally  come round and blow you?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

I've never been one for buying plastic tat and have largely curbed my physical media buying habits - I haven't bought a physical movie/book/comic in years, and now own so many board games I am getting rid of some rather than buying more. My main vices these days are food & drink (I keep a small cocktail bar) and things like camping/hiking equipment and camera gear. I own far too many cameras and will spend an inordinate amount of money 'upgrading' various bits of camping gear in order to shave a few grams off my trail pack weight, which I will keep doing knowing full well how silly it is.

In terms of geek stuff, I will still occasionally get that 'gotta have it' feeling. Recent examples are the new Mega Drive Mini, that funky looking Playdate boutique handheld console and that Folio Society edition of A Game of Thrones... However generally I'm fairly good at resisting the temptation, and usually find that after a few months have passed I didn't actually want that thing as much as I thought at the time.

I can also be a bit of a sucker for backing cool stuff I see on Kickstarter, but generally if I take a step back and think to myself 'would I buy this if it were available to buy right now?' the answer is usually 'no'.

Dandontdare

I think I only went camping for so many years because I bloody love the gadgets! I'm not even sure how many stoves, lamps or torches I own!

radiator

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 June, 2019, 07:39:51 PM
I think I only went camping for so many years because I bloody love the gadgets! I'm not even sure how many stoves, lamps or torches I own!

The gear is so much fun. I never thought I'd be the kind of person that owns hatchets (plural) and who has conversations about the relative merits of different kinds of stove fuel, but living in the Pacific Northwest does weird things to you.

Mardroid

I've spent way too much on transformers recently.

And to think I gave mine away as a kid because they were 'for kids'. :lol:

Second childhood in old age... come early, maybe .

Buttonman

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 June, 2019, 10:54:08 AM
Bought that new 'Stranger Things' Lego set last night at around 1.00am.
It was 200 smackers, and I legit lost sleep due to buyers remorse.

Jeez that's a big lump of plastic for £200 - do you buy it as an investment in the hope it will increase in value? I doubt it will ever be played with at that price.

I still regret not buying a full size Tintin Arumbaya Fetish in damaged/repaired state. It was lovely and only £200 or so...

I have more books than I will ever read - I do temper the habit somewhat by getting them mostly from the Linwood Cancer Research shop. Mostly autobiographies and biographies - On Rob Lowe just now after recently finishing Terry-Thomas. Read 3 each of Kenneth Williams and Brian Clough!

JamesC

I keep buying old CRT TVs from Facebook Marketplace and Gumtree.
I play lots of retro games so I do have a use for one or two of them at least. The trouble is, when a nice one pops up I just can't turn it down. I imagine them going to landfill and I think of a time in the not-too-distant future when they become impossible to get hold of.
They're very heavy and take lots of space to store so I really need to find good homes for them.

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 19 June, 2019, 05:53:19 PM

Jeez that's a big lump of plastic for £200 - do you buy it as an investment in the hope it will increase in value? I doubt it will ever be played with at that price.

I'm long past the days of believing anything is worth anything - it'll be played with alright!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Mardroid on 19 June, 2019, 02:09:50 PM
I've spent way too much on transformers recently.

And to think I gave mine away as a kid because they were 'for kids'. :lol:

Second childhood in old age... come early, maybe .

It happened again. I nabbed the entire War For Cybertron Siege Wave 3 line, including the rather lovely Springer, Thundercracker and Red Alert. 'Sigh'