Main Menu

Objet de désir

Started by Link Prime, 27 September, 2018, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

During my year long (now finished) 40th Birthday celebration I indulged myself in a couple of G1 Transformers.

I have Trypticon which I managed to snag for £50, brand new. He normally retails at around £150. He's a base and a massive Dinosaur and will be displayed as the latter.

The second wave of seekers (Jet planes) - Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust. They're re-releases of original versions, metal parts an' all. £45 quid odd as I recall.

The mighty Optimus Prime. He's almost as tall as Trypticon and his chest opens revealing the Matrix.

For the future I've been eyeing up a complete collection of Dinobots and Death's Head (Transformers Marvel version.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

Theres no official TF M:UK Deaths Head figure (green, as he should be) but theres a few smaller scale blue versions that fit in nicely, I have the Marvel Infinite figure of him and it's squares up alright.

There's also this amazing 3rd part retool of a Cyclonus figures which looks absolutely brilliant!

Mardroid

I've purchased all the Dinobots recently (not all at the same time). I went for the Power of the Primes versions which are a nice homage to the G1's though far from perfect. I miss the metallic finish of the G1s and a couple look a bit unfinished in dinosaur mode, suggesting the emphasis in on the humanoid form. They still look pretty good  though.

I have them all aside from Slag* who is on his way from Japan.

One thing that's a bit of a pain is the lack of the classic weapons. I've turned to 3rd part for that, but it gets a bit ridiculous with the extra expense. (Grimlock should have a double barrel rifle and a red sword though, not two feet shaped** weapons.) The others either have a rifle or a sword but not both like the G1 versions (although there are little plastic pistol things embedded in their 'armour/Volcanicus's hands', those are mainly placeholders for other potps gimmicks.

*Actually this version is called 'Slug'. Apparently the Americans found out the other meaning of the word we have in 'the old country'.  :lol: He'll always be Slag to me though.

** Cos they are the feet of Volcanicus. Yep these dinobots combine, although I didn't primarily get them for that... like that will stop me.

shaolin_monkey

Oh god, I am so guilty of buying random crap it's unreal.  That's aside from the ever growing book pile I just don't have time to read.

Here's a quick breakdown of some of my stuff JUST THIS MONTH:

ED-209 model - it is frikkin enormous!  Too big to fit in a normal freestanding bookshelf.  Full poseable too.  Oh god, it's beautiful.  One of my all-time fave robot bad guys ever.

Carved Tibetan Skull replica - again, a thing of beauty.  here's a link to the seller on Etsy.  His museum quality replica skulls are amazing.

EDIT:  This isn't the one, but close.  The one I have includes full jaw and teeth.  This pic doesn't do it justice:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/606119432/tibetan-hand-carved-skull-replica?ref=shop_home_active_30

Chimpanzee skull replica - see above.

APEMAN wildlife camera trap - bought this so me and the lass could get a good look at the birds and squirrels that frequently raid the feeders at the bottom of the garden.  Plus it has IR, and have already caught a couple of nighttime prowling cats on it. 

Alice in Wonderland pop-up book - I bloody love pop-up books!  The best I own are by Matthew Reinhardt, which are packed with pop-up goodness.  he's a master of the paper folding craft.  This one is very close to his level of genius.  I thoroughly recommend it if you are in any way interested in the art of folding cardboard.  Plus it's a almost half price here.

I'm sure there's more.  It has to be said, I'm usually more restrained than this, but I had a bonus in work this month and went to town a bit.  I usually limit myself to one major frivolity a month.

Hawkmumbler

Not so much an object, but I just booked and had a long talk with the artist of my first tattoo.

And i've already considered booking my second.

This is how they get you.

shaolin_monkey

What are you getting done?

Hawkmumbler

One for the community...

"Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 12 July, 2019, 06:05:47 PM
One for the community...

"Be Pure
Be Vigilant
Behave"

That is superb!  :lol:

Always fancied the Termight glyph myself - such a great bit of design.
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Avoid any pointy hats though.

Link Prime

"So major toy manufacturers are re-releasing pretty much every vintage action figure you had as a child, for about 20 smackers a pop, eh?"

Yeah, whats yer poin...oh sweet mother of Jesus:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Universe-Origins-Action-Figure/dp/B089P24V1R

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Link Prime on 25 September, 2020, 11:07:40 AM
"So major toy manufacturers are re-releasing pretty much every vintage action figure you had as a child, for about 20 smackers a pop, eh?"

Yeah, whats yer poin...oh sweet mother of Jesus:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Universe-Origins-Action-Figure/dp/B089P24V1R

My wife is not going to pleased about this.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rately

:lol:

A mate, who collects everything - comics, Movies, posters, stamps, military memorabilia etc. was once told by his wife that she thought it would be cheaper, and a lot more manageable if he had a drug addiction instead!!!

von Boom

Quote from: Rately on 25 September, 2020, 11:54:08 AM

A mate, who collects everything - comics, Movies, posters, stamps, military memorabilia etc. was once told by his wife that she thought it would be cheaper, and a lot more manageable if he had a drug addiction instead!!!
I think that was my wife.

Rately

Quote from: von Boom on 25 September, 2020, 03:07:13 PM
Quote from: Rately on 25 September, 2020, 11:54:08 AM

I think that was my wife.

Ha!

I'm thinking there's too many on the board who it could apply to!

shaolin_monkey

My partner often says to me the way to get my collections under control is first admitting I have a problem.

Oh, did I mention I completed my collection of replica primate skulls?