Main Menu

Objet de désir

Started by Link Prime, 27 September, 2018, 12:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Quote from: Rara Avis on 10 April, 2021, 03:11:11 PM
€15.62 for a pot noodle - what am I missing?

Not sure myself, but I *think* it's actually a model of a pot noodle that you put on display or something.
Speaking as a 45 year old who buys Transformers, I just don't get this!

Rara Avis

I recently spent €35 on a model of Godzilla so I'm not judging anyone but really struggling to see the collectability of this.

Barrington Boots

Cup noodles are pretty iconic if you watch a lot of Japanese stuff. I know it's basiily a pot noodle but... yeah.

Separating the nerds from the mega nerds.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 April, 2021, 08:26:40 PM
Cup noodles are pretty iconic if you watch a lot of Japanese stuff. I know it's basiily a pot noodle but... yeah.

Separating the nerds from the mega nerds.

We need a new Objet d'art thread.

Rara Avis

I actually have a custom made Judge Death that wouldn't be inappropriate here.

Rara Avis

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rara Avis on 13 April, 2021, 06:15:16 PM
I actually have a custom made Judge Death that wouldn't be inappropriate here.

Post pics in the "Does my Figure look big in this" (creative common) 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Rara Avis

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 March, 2021, 08:11:38 AM
Recently have been looking for a way to get as much productive writing done away from the laptop a. Because of pesky distractions, we've all been there and b. Eye strain, been getting a bad case of it lately.
Looks to be word processors are making a comeback but at £700 a pop thats way off the table, so after a bit of research settled on a relic from my school days, the Alphasmart Neo 2. Like new cost me £60 (plus import grumble grumble) but for a 10+ year old piece of kit works a dream. Solid, solid investment.

I use a basic Text Pad program in full screen mode for early drafts and only move on to a full blown office program when it's more or less finished with only formatting left to do.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

Think somebody else on here already has this (maybe Hawkmumbler) but I treated myself to an early birthday present this year...

It's a ridiculously lush artefact...

We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

A TNG comm badge that connects to your phone. 150 noop, is a bit steep, and I would have much fear and doubt of the speakers on such a small thing
You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: I, Cosh on 23 April, 2021, 10:20:04 AM
Think somebody else on here already has this (maybe Hawkmumbler) but I treated myself to an early birthday present this year...

It's a ridiculously lush artefact...

I pre-ordered it back in early 2020 when it was announced and supposed to be a limited run.
It truly is a thing of beauty and something I would never believe would happen, could happen, at CRITERION of all labels, only five years ago.
The art is so goddamn lush and i'm delighted kaiju super fan Sophie Campbell got to draw her dream Destroy All Monsters poster. Seriously Tharg, get Sophie on as a guest artist, she's an absolute dynamo.

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 16 May, 2021, 09:18:56 AM
The art is so goddamn lush and i'm delighted kaiju super fan Sophie Campbell got to draw her dream Destroy All Monsters poster. Seriously Tharg, get Sophie on as a guest artist, she's an absolute dynamo.

Had to look up the artist - and realised I was familiar with their work under their previous name (I have the previous editions of Wet Moon) - yes, would be a good fit for some 2000AD work.

Barrington Boots

Authetic replica M41 Pulse Rifle NERF gun (painted in cheerful colours).

Not sure what my favourite thing about this is: the working ammo counter, or the fact as well as normal dart 'bullets' it also has massive nerf darts in the grenade launcher.
My least favourite thing about it? £100.

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/nerf-lmtd-aliens-m41-a-blaster
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Wow that is amazing. I like the fact that since they had to colour it bright colours they went with colours reminisent of the powerlifter!

Oh for £100 doing nothing