Main Menu

500 Days of Slimmer - and Some Other Crap Too...

Started by Buttonman, 18 November, 2019, 09:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Just a brief update (hoo-ray) for the first 1st of the challenge.

Lose Weight : Was 15st 8lbs this morning. That's 6lb down, so a good start. To be honest a lot of the starting figure was bloat following a Lads' weekend in Newcastle. Christmas to navigate so 4lb off in the next month would be great.

Update Blogs regularly :  I'm sure everyone already knows this one! 4 new reviews on The W Movies Blog and  5 on The Definite Article Blog.

Update the Lettersentertainyou thread for each letters publication event : There have been no letters published in this cycle. Boooo!

Average 12,500 steps a day : Have reset the totalisator and it's down to 6972 average for the last two weeks. Very poor but I have been starving myself and the weather is crappy! Best was a 17,169 day, so I will try to at least beat that in December.

Get 105 Letters Printed : - I have written in for each Prog and the Meg published in the last month.

Pass ACII : Finished 70% of the written paper of 'Insurance Practice' and have the exam part booked for 17/12/2019

Get on TV Again : Had a look but nothing much happening. Long standing applications to the usual suspects.

Bag 50 Munros in total : Parked until the Summer!

See you here in the New Year!

TordelBack

Quote from: Buttonman on 01 December, 2019, 10:30:14 AM
Get on TV Again : Had a look but nothing much happening.

The Ofcom blacklist in action!  Ironically it was you yourself who showed the viewing public the power of nuisance letter-writing campaigns.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Proudhuff

'Get on TV Again : Had a look but nothing much happening''.

Police 5? Crimewatch? Breaking the news? They appear to take anyone  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Happy New Year to all followers of this glorious thread! Mum, I'll be by for my washing later.

1st of the month update.

Lose Weight : Parked for the holidays - I will be up but hopefully not to the starting point. Did over indulge somewhat but less so than usual.

Update Blogs regularly : There were, as I'm sure you are all aware, 6 additions to the W Movie Blog including the excellent Wake Wood and 8 to the Definite Article Blog including The Joker which wasn't a total cash in on a slightly better known film!

Update the Lettersentertainyou thread for each letters publication event : One letters page this month with one fine Letterentertainyou released. 350 reads! And only most of them were me.

Average 12,500 steps a day : A bit down with 9254 but not bad for a busy month with crappy weather.

Get 105 Letters Printed : - I have written in a couple of times so hopefully the birds in the air will bring home number 100. And 101...

Pass ACII : SUCCESS or Progress, at any rate. I didn't manage to get a pass at 'Claims Practice'. Got a Distinction instead! Go me! Now onto Advanced Claims - 3 subjects to go with 9 papers in total.

Get on TV Again : SUCCESS! And I wasn't even trying! The screen grab below is a snap from the opening of 'Quizmaster' on ITV1. They used my Grand Final 15-1 appearance to profile Alisa who was on the show and who managed to beat me by only a modest 50 odd points.

Bag 50 Munros in total : Parked until the Summer!

See you in the dark days of early February!

Fungus

Just noticed this thread — laudable!

The weight one, yup. I'll treat this as a mini-spur to sort myself out too. Belly-wheels might be the height of fashion but I think that may be down to Ron Smith, he just makes everything look good  :) I'm adjusting myself to a new FitBit and it's now or never...

Anyway, one thing I do know is that if I don't set targets, things... drift. So seeing as it's Jan 2nd I'll have another go. Cheers! Main goals are comics (read/organise) and art stuff but you won't find details on a public forum  :-X

Insurance exams?! I've been studiously avoiding tax and contractual nonsense recently, this place used to be a sanctuary from the Real World. Shame!!!

Proudhuff

Well done Buttman, just what we need a more pedantic insurance clerk.... :lol:

Fungus, best thing to do is announce targets to the world... embarrassment is a great motivator
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

So for me it was a realisation that I could use the Fitbit for more than just steps and measuring my resting, wanking and shifting heart beat rate (all remarkably close).

I started putting my food into it and took up running and that all added up to help me lose a fair bit of weight. I never went on a diet as such, just portion control and cut back on what was obviously extra crap. A month off the booze helped kick start it all.

I now use Myfitnesspal for putting food in (it will synch with fitbit app) as it has a better database.

Good luck to all trying to make themselves healthier!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fungus

Buttonman

Yet to find that wanking rate setting. Thinking I could trouble the record!

Tiplodocus

Just check your heart rate for times when you knew you were doing er... certain activities.

Tiplodocus

In other news, now that I can play the Switch on the telly again, I've restarted the Fitness Boxing.

Needless to say my form is terrible but I do work up a sweat over a 25 minute daily exercise period. It's a nice addition for days when it is too cold and dark and wet to venture outside.

The other slightly stupid thing I do is clear a path through  the living room and pace up and down when way ning a film or tv show. I only do it when I'm on my own and when it is something I am watching for a second (or more) time but it's a great and easy way to kill two birds with one stone.

Another lb down this week. Looking back at my big weight loss of 2017, it took one month to lose the first stone, two months to lose the second stone and three months to lose the third.