Main Menu

activities of the trapped

Started by Cyberleader2000, 23 March, 2020, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Great work and a fantastic collection McFad!

JayzusB.Christ

Amazing work here. 
As for me, I've made a new sign for my boat  (also my home, now renamed The Spyglass) with the woodburning tool I bought in Lidl last year, and worked on my garden.
I don't have a garden.  I have claimed a piece of the wooded ditch at the far side of the canal, which can't be seen from this side and is only accessible by boat.  Last year I put down pallets to walk on and an inflatable sofa, hung up a hammock, some hanging baskets and solar lamps, and am now cutting back the weeds and roots that have grown since (but also lying in the hammock and drinking beer, and doing the disposable barbecue thang).
Also I'm learning about electrics on Youtube so I can finally find a way to fix my boat when things fuck up, which is often.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Apestrife

Cant' say I'm trapped, but I stay inside as much as I can.

I've been helping my grandfather with a bit of genealogy. Setting up family tree.

Also doing a bit of Wim Hof method now and then. Breathing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BNejY1e9ik and cold showers. Makes me feel really good.

Today I started trying out demoing some songs as well. Hope to try record them in a studio some day. Can't hurt to come with a blue sheet, instead of gushing away trying to explain the music in my head  :D

Trooper McFad

Not really trapped but still not doing all I used to do pre lockdown so this has allowed me time to complete another project.

Due to Lawless not going ahead  :( I had a few penny's burning a hole in my pocket so I commissioned the 3 metal plates shown below from a local artist (Sulaco Steel & Plastic) up here in Cal-Hab who does some cool stuff with a laser cutter.
I then had to figure out how to mount and frame to display outdoors under a canopy at the mostly sheltered side of the house.

Again as with my Lawgiver display in my earlier post on this thread I had a few bits & pieces lying about so only had to fork out on the spacers, cabinet joining bolts and the LED lights.

The progs I used as a backing were old ones I had purchased for another project and PVA'd onto marine ply and sprayed with a lacquer. I expect these to fade over time which should make the plates stand out more and add to the look. (I hope)

I prefer the white lights to the colour ones

Now I have to paint the deck with my spare time I have left as the football coaching is starting back up so this will eat up my "spare" time  :D
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

If I did something like that I think I'd have yellow for Alpha.  But then I'd also have to have Nemesis as well, and that would be green...

Great work!  Please post another picture in a year to show us how it looks after weathering!

Colin YNWA

That is just superb. Nice one hope it weathers the way you want it too.

Bolt-01

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys

And not wishing a whole year away I can't wait to see the effect the sun will have on the backing.

The guy also did a silhouette of an elephant charging which is "rusted" so this should look even better after a year on the fence

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dandontdare

Now that is a thing of beauty.  :thumbsup:

I totally agree - I prefer the white lights, and once those backgrounds fade it will look even better. You must now post anniversary pics for the rest of your life so we can share the experience!

Curious: What sort of lifespan do you expect for the plywood/PVA/lacquer  combo?

Oh and roll on Lawless '21...

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 July, 2020, 07:59:45 PM
Thanks guys

And not wishing a whole year away I can't wait to see the effect the sun will have on the backing.

I mean, you wouldn't be the only one to wish 2020 away...

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 July, 2020, 09:08:16 PM

Curious: What sort of lifespan do you expect for the plywood/PVA/lacquer  combo?

Oh and roll on Lawless '21...

I expect the frame will last years as it's under a 2.4 mt canopy which I've stored a hardboard "cheap" pool table with only the table cover supplied and when not in use it's against the same wall the the 3 amigos are displayed. Only time it's got "wet" was a few years ago when we had drifting snow blowing in. I've had that table for 9 years now and me and the table are still playing as bad as it was the day I bought it 😂 So I'm confident my combo of ply/PVA/lacquer will last at least the same amount of time.
It's how much & how quickly the sun fades the print I'm curious about. In my mind the current print is a 10 and I would like it a 5 or 4 but how long before it's a 1?

(The best bit making this frame was the smell of the pages - it took me back 30 years 😩)

I too have my fingers crossed for lawless '21 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Tentatively booked the hotel room already. Last year was my first one and I really enjoyed it.

Apestrife

Listening through the whole 7h of The Stooges - Complete Funhouse sessions on spotify.

Quite special listening to how my all time favorite album got recorded.

Trooper McFad

Well after another (partial) lockdown up here in Cal-Had I've completed another wee project  :D This time I took one of the knockoff Hamerstein models from the Judge Dredd movie and added a few bits of milliput and model clay, moved a few limbs and added my own take on Kevin Walker's version of the great lump of metal. I know the perfectionists out there can find 101 things of what's wrong but I think I added enough to pass him off as an ABC warrior  :)
(I even added Hammersteins tattoo from the Volgan wars books just cause I like it)
I'll let the members decide.

I have a fight scene I'd like to recreate between 2 crime fighters which again will need a wee bit of milliput and a bit of imagination. I'm hoping this will take me some time as I've got my fingers crossed for no further lockdowns  :(

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.