Main Menu

activities of the trapped

Started by Cyberleader2000, 23 March, 2020, 02:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

During lockdown I caught a documentary on the linoleum manufacturing history in Kirkcaldy and it's spread through the world and it's down fall and it's current revival. At the end of the program the focused on its other uses and highlighted a local artist who done some excellent designs and I'm sure she also said it was relaxing/therapeutic.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trooper McFad

This winter lockdown has been harder than the first one. It's probably the long winter nights and shitty weather. How ever throughout this pandemic I've kept a little bit of sanity and distraction with my wee projects which I've posted on here. Something to get me away from the telly.
Anyway, I've now finished my latest.
Taking inspiration from one of my first GN's bought back in the day I've taken the "pause" in the fist fight in Vendetta in Gotham. Especially liked this as it was drawn by the great Cam Kennedy.
I took one of the Dredd knock offs from eBay and made a few adjustments. I'm pretty happy with the results.
The Batman was a 10" action figure I picked up for £10 on eBay. Broke his legs and smoothed out the body armour that was on the figure with milliput. His cape was made from some model clay left over from my other projects. I'm not as taken with my results with Bats but as I will mostly be looking at him from the back, I'm fine with that.
I haven't done a base for these 2 as it should be in the playground and would end up too big for the space I have left. So, I've decided to treat them as "Elf on the Self" and I can situate them "paused" where ever I want as if they've been at it all night.

If anyone knows of model kits that are ripe for conversion please point me in their direction.
I already have possible kits I could tweak for a Dante, Sam Slade, the Harlem Hero's, Deadlock, Mongrol and Earl Reagan. That wish list should keep me busy for a while.
Hope you can all see the images.

Trooper McFad

Been busy since I last posted working on 3 projects at once (when one is setting or drying I'm working on another).
This one was finished first and thanks to my better half who commissioned 3 oversized badge/logos of my favourite characters for my special birthday  :D . They are metal like my plates I got done last year. All I had to do was inset them in scrap plywood I had lying in the hut. Spray painted the colours I thought would make them stand out the most and displayed them next to the metal plates (outside).
The other 2 will be complete before we are set free(ish) up here in Cal Hab
Enjoy

Dandontdare

Those prog panels haven't faded as much as I thought they would over the summer

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 March, 2021, 08:56:13 PM
Those prog panels haven't faded as much as I thought they would over the summer

Patience my dear man they only had 1/2 a Scottish summer and it wasn't the sunny half 😂😂

But your right I did expect a wee bit more fading.

Bolt-01

Those are grand! Love the S/D badge - You are a lucky (and talented) Squaxx.

Trooper McFad

This is the 2nd of my treble trapped project spree.

This Character is from one of the story hooks that nabbed a wee boy all those years ago (what's not to like with Dino's & cowboys)

I give you my interpretation of Earl Reagan - with whip (tweaked from an Indiana Jones model kit)

Hope you can see these and enjoy  :D

Final one should be finished next week

Colin YNWA

Oh that is something a little bit special Trooper McFad - that's just wonderful.

Funt Solo

Yeah, that's really cool. Flesh would make such a good movie.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 March, 2021, 06:16:02 PM
Oh that is something a little bit special Trooper McFad - that's just wonderful.

Thanks Colin. If you like Earl then I'm sure you're gonna love the next one as it's the the most work I've had to do on one of my projects and so far I'm liking the results.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 25 March, 2021, 07:01:53 PM
Yeah, that's really cool. Flesh would make such a good movie.

As much a film would be nice I'd prefer a "Netflix" style mini series of Flesh book 1 and they have to include a controversial the train scene when the wee sh** gets his just deserts.
If successful then we get Season 2 (Book 2)

Trooper McFad

Well this is my 3rd project completed in 3 weeks (although I had been working on them all at the same time over the last 6 weeks)
This last one you get 3 characters for the price of 1 project.
Sam - from a Han Solo kit
Hoagy - from scratch
Stogie - from a tooth pick
Pretty chuffed with my efforts especially Hoagy.
With lock down hopefully coming to an end this'll be my last post on this thread. I do have more conversions in the pipeline but will post in Creative Common.

Hope you enjoy my efforts .

Bolt-01

JayzusB.Christ

That's awesome.  As scale-models go, it's a very good likeness of Harrison Ford, and makes me realise he would have been perfect as Sam Slade in his younger days.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 March, 2021, 12:12:28 PM
That's awesome.  As scale-models go, it's a very good likeness of Harrison Ford, and makes me realise he would have been perfect as Sam Slade in his younger days.

I never thought down those lines when picking the kit to convert but yes he would have made an excellent wise cracking Sam

Trooper McFad

Well it's been over a year (unbelievable) since i completed the 3 amigos project during lockdown. As requested i will now post pictures to show how much the pages have faired in the sunshine.

Personally I can't see much if any change. You my disagree!

In one way I'm impressed they haven't faded but I was hoping for a bit.

I'll post again in another year (if i remember and I'll try and get the same shot) using original pics V the current year.

ORIGINAL 3 AMIGOS

YEAR 1 3 AMIGOS

ROGUE ORIGINAL

ROGUE YEAR 1

DREDD ORIGINAL

DERDD YEAR 1

ALPHA ORIGINAL

ALPHA YEAR 1