Main Menu

25th Anniversary of Predator today. (12th June)

Started by MR. ELIMINATOR, 12 June, 2012, 08:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

Quote from: Syne on 14 June, 2012, 03:06:22 AM
Hmmm. Seeing as how Ridley seems to be quietly excising the AvsP movies from the Alien cannon, how's that going to effect Predator continuity I wonder? There's always parallel universes I guess   ;)

Pretty much:

Aliens exist in the Predator universe
Predators DO NOT exist in the Alien universe (so AvP is more a part of the Predator franchise than the Alien franchise, which it completely screws up).

Hmm... Interesting - would AvP be a (slightly) better movie if you watch it with the mindset that it is a Predator film (with aliens), rather than as an Alien film (with predators)...

Zarjazzer

Both predators are ace movies IMHO. The first one is just magic but I do enjoy two as well especially the opening shot over the "jungle" that tracks to reveal  L.A. in the distance.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Professah Byah on 14 June, 2012, 03:13:12 PM
If this is turning into a good old-fashioned "who would win a fight between" thread, I'm firmly in the Predator camp.  Aliens are pussies and someone with moderate kung fu skills could probably slap one around like the shiny androgynous space-bitches they are.

Wow, Aliens taking on Predators, that sounds like a heck of an idea for a movie, I'll just write to- oh wait, never mind :D...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Syne

Quote from: Pyroxian on 14 June, 2012, 05:01:06 PM
Hmm... Interesting - would AvP be a (slightly) better movie if you watch it with the mindset that it is a Predator film (with aliens), rather than as an Alien film (with predators)...

(Choosing my words carefully here, so as to not be torn to shreds by bloodthristy Predator fans. . .) I'd have to say yes, simply because the (ahem) tone of AvsP is closer to that of the first two Predator movies than it is to Alien.

Radbacker

man i gotta get me the Blue Ray of this, one of my favorite movies as a teen, this and Robocop are pretty much the first R (MA15 these days) Rated movies i saw and totally blew my 13 year old mind.  we actully got to watch Predator in the school gym on the last day or semester, fuck we had some top teachers there's no way a school would risk running a R rated movie these days.
I really like Predator 2 but always had a problem with Danny Glover kicking its arse, man monster special forces trained Arnie only just got away with his life but this 50 year old detective manages to best one in hand to hand just didn't seem right to me, but damn did i love the new Predator weapons.  Me and my mates are of the opinion that the predator in number 2 is a young Predator on his first hunt and thats why he had all the extra weapons and why Mr Glover was able to fuck him up, it makes sense to me and also explains the presence of the other Predators at the end when in the first movie they just seemed to eject one sigle Predator down into the jungle to hunt.

Cu Radbacker

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Radbacker on 15 June, 2012, 05:02:58 AM
I really like Predator 2 but always had a problem with Danny Glover kicking its arse, man monster special forces trained Arnie only just got away with his life but this 50 year old detective manages to best one in hand to hand just didn't seem right to me

Yeah, but the Predator had been badly wounded in the chase back to the ship and Glover had one of his advanced weapons to fight him with...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Radbacker

QuoteYeah, but the Predator had been badly wounded in the chase back to the ship and Glover had one of his advanced weapons to fight him with...
Its been a while since i've seen it but makes way more sense than what me and my mates came up with at the time but i do also like the idea that he may have been a young Predator on his first hunt.
As for Predators, tried to watch 3 times asleep within the first half hour each time so one day i might catch it but not going out of my way.

CU Radbacker

radiator

Yeah the Predator was on the ropes since the Gary Busey got him with the liquid nitrogen stuff and he got shot repeatedly with that mean looking shotgun in the meat packing plant. Basically he was legging it to his ship to escape and had lost most of his equipment on the way. I like that idea I him being a young dude on his first hunt.

Best bit in Predator 2 is when Gary Busey gets diced by the razor disc.... and his torso mysteriously floats in mid air while his legs collapse to the floor!