Main Menu

Juan of the Dead

Started by LeeCarter_Artdroid, 08 June, 2012, 09:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeCarter_Artdroid

Any zombie fans looking for a good fix of the undead, well I suggest 'juan of the dead'.  Very funny with some great zombie deaths, Dare I say much better than shawn of the dead.
£8 quid from morrisons... Bargain

Satanist

Had my eye on this but didnt know it was out. It shall be mine soon.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

SmallBlueThing

Ive been umming and arring, to be honest. While i love zombies beyond any shred of reason, i dislike overt zombie comedies- return of the living dead and rotld3 being obvious exceptions. Romero pitches it about right, and any further towards laughs and my interest dies. Im one of the three people in the uk who cant stand shaun of the dead.

That said, any new zomflick is of interest, if only because it gives me something about which to moan. However, the combination of laughs and subtitles means first on the list will be the asylum's 'zombie apocalypse' with an even more slumming than usual ving rhames. Not to be confused with that other 'zombie apocalypse'- the one that came with a terrible comic and which is usually available for three quid in hmv.

I'll get to juan after that.

SBT

Spaceghost

I'm pretty much sick to death of zombies at this point to be honest, something my 15 year old Romero-loving self would be horrified to hear me say.

There are just too many zombies. Zombie comics, zombie films, zombie TV shows, zombie video games, zombie t shirts, zombie toys etc, etc... I'm completely desensitised to zombies at this point and can only manage a weary (ironically zombie-like) groan whenever I see a new film/game/TV show etc. featuring sodding, bloody zombies.

Can we move onto werewolves next, and competely run those into the ground until I'm sick of them?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Satanist

Zombie Apocalypse is utter dog shit, even when compared to the rest of the mostly shitty zombie sub genre. I have tried and failed 3 times to finish watching it.

SmallBlueThing

Do you mean zombie apocalypse with mr ving, or zombie apocalypse with the free comic? And if the former, does it actually have the faceless zom being shot through the eye socket as advertised on the back cover? That's just about the only thing that's making me keen, to be honest.

As for being 'sick of zombies'- are you sick of air? Are you? Sick of bread, milk, water, eggs, protein, carbs, women? Zombies are just as important. You should be ashamed.

SBT

Satanist

Sorry I meant the Ving SyFY *shudder* film. I will watch any old crap regards zombies but I have a real problem with this. I actually keep falling asleep and that never happens.

SmallBlueThing

I figured it'd be terrible, so i may just avoid. I cant really justify seeing it, or juan, when i still havent seen 'the dead next door'- after being whipped into a frenzy by fangoria back in the eighties regarding this low-budget 'epic' part-financed by sam raimi, i feel i really should track it down first.

Have you seen clive barker's 'master of horror' episode, 'haeckel's tale' and joe dante's 'homecoming'? That's a zom-double that'll re-kindle anyone's love.

SBT

Emperor

Quote from: LeeCarter_Artdroid on 08 June, 2012, 09:30:33 AM
Any zombie fans looking for a good fix of the undead, well I suggest 'juan of the dead'.  Very funny with some great zombie deaths, Dare I say much better than shawn of the dead.
£8 quid from morrisons... Bargain

Yeah I'm really looking forward to this one. There is a new zombie movie out at the rate of about one a fortnight, so it is impossible to keep up and you have to pick your targets carefully - this is at the top of my "to watch" list.

On the subject of rubbish films: Abraham Lincoln vs Zombies is another Asylum mockbuster but might be their best effort yet, although that isn't necessarily saying very much:
www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/abraham-lincoln-vs-zombies-2012

I also believe their Iron Sky mockbuster Nazis at the Center of the Earth has zombies in but in a list of reasons why I want to see the film they aren't towards the top:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazis_at_the_Center_of_the_Earth
www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/nazis-center-earth-2012

Looking ahead Clive Barker is now involved with Zombies vs Gladiators:
www.rabiddoll.com/node/2150/clive-barker-takes-on-zombies-vs-gladiators.html

Of course, with the CDC releasing an official statement that there isn't a zombie apocalypse starting at the moment, it all seems very topical:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153578/U-S-government-denies-coming-Zombie-Apocalypse-amid-spate-bizarre-flesh-munching-incidents-Internet-rumors.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+